Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Medical check up

• 30-06-2021 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ Need a Username

Are companies skipping medical check ups for new job applicants because of CoVid?

I have applied for a lot and in my searches I see a lot of jobs for an immediate start. I recently spoke to someone at a recruitment agency and the job we were speaking about has an immediate start if the interview was successful.

There doesn’t seem to be any medical being done.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,595 ✭✭✭ SouthWesterly

Not all jobs have medicals

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭ Princess Calla

I've never had a medical, I suppose it depends on the industry.

Personally I'd be more put out having to go for a medical but that's just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ Need a Username

Not all jobs have medicals

Sorry I should have been more clear in my post. The Jon’s I have applied for are mainly warehouse and manufacturing.

I would expect them to to do medicals before hiring.

I've never had a medical, I suppose it depends on the industry.

Personally I'd be more put out having to go for a medical but that's just me.

I’m not demanding they give me a medical ;) truth be told by f I need to get one it is damn inconvenient.

I was just curious as it seems like no company is doing them anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭ cml387

Continuing employment could be subject to a medical after you start. That would not be unusual.

• Advertisement

cml387 wrote: »
    Continuing employment could be subject to a medical after you start. That would not be unusual.

I know there is companies that do that but I thought every everyone had to to do a medical before they actually get hired.

Advertisement