Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best (used) small car / which dealership?

Options
  • 30-06-2021 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I’m hoping to change my 10 yr old Ford Focus diesel with 200,000km on clock for a smaller petrol engine car.
    Currently I’m thinking towards a low mileage 2018-2019 Fiesta Titanium.
    1. Any other makes/ models with similar spec I should be considering ? I note that most Fords now come with 5 yr ? warranty so balance warranty carryover would be a consideration for me .
    2. I’m considering checking out the main Dublin Ford dealerships for trade in deals on low mileage Fiestas.. Any suggestions on which dealers I should try or avoid - please reply in private to this aspect of my query.
    Thanks
    3. I’ve been offered between €2400 & €3200 trade in deal on my focus diesel ( clean car, no damage & full service records) in online enquiries but realistically I’d be discounting any offers under €3000 for the right replacement car - is this a realistic expectation in a trade in deal ?
    All replies / comments welcome
    Thanks
    W.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭smog

Willow56 wrote: »
    Currently I’m thinking towards a low mileage 2018-2019 Fiesta Titanium.
    W.

Just had a look and surprised the asking is 17-19K for (an old model) 3 year old car. Are these not 28K for the new hybrids? Market that bad lately for used Focus?

Advertisement