Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Countdown with Ann Robinson.

• 29-06-2021 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,304 ✭✭✭✭ Maryanne84

Not liking Ann. Sounds like her teeth are loose!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭ MfMan

Saw her first episode. In fairness, she deserves a chance to put her own imprint on the chair (so to speak). I don't think she's a good fit as host however. She's just spent so long being sarcastic and domineering to TV competitors that I think she lacks the empathy, charisma and light touch to do justice to Countdown. (Also a horrid person to work with according to stories I've heard.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭ 1966

Just watched countdown today for the first time in months. GOD - Anne Robinson is awful as the presenter, the show is so flat & as OP says, she needs to get those teeth tightened up.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,304 ✭✭✭✭ Maryanne84

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭ Oscar Madison

Thank God for that!

This show needs a 'Headmaster' type to keep the ladies in their place!

Bring back Nick!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,304 ✭✭✭✭ Maryanne84

Good to see Colin Murray back in the chair. He can be a bit manic, but he’s a huge improvement on Anne. The atmosphere is already more relaxed and friendly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭ Lewis_Benson

Richard Whitely and Carol Vorderman were countdown, just cancel the show.

Advertisement