Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caterpillars

Options
  • 28-06-2021 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

I was hosing black aphids off a red robin that is about 4 feet tall and vigorous when I realised that all the fresh leaves that were folded over and "glued" together were actually enclosing little green caterpillars. I then noticed that the plant next to it (a bright green bush that grows yellow leaves that gradually turn green, whose name I can't remember) also had all of its fresh leaves folded over with little green caterpillars inside.

I would like to encourage my plants to grow, but also want butterflies and moths to flourish. Attack with washing up liquid, or leave nature take its course? Any opinions?

I also found ants on my ivy "milking" the aphids on it, and decided to leave them for the time being.

Advertisement