Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Male happiness is unattractive

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,291 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Good luck attracting women with that, for obvious reasons that's an instant turn off.
    Really, well the evidence from real life is that men who take it a lot further than an angry proud demeanour have no difficulty attracting women. Criminals, thugs, assholes, bullies, volatile men with a bad temper.

I've experienced an element of this myself when I got angry after somebody scratched my car and left the scene, I started ranting and swearing to nobody in particular and a woman who was there at the time got very excited by it. Also know another woman (married, in her 40s) who is obsessed with who would win in a fight between me and her husband and who is stronger etc.

Valid biological reasons why women would want a man with a certain look, demeanour and characteristics. We are animals and people would do well to remember that.

The responses in this thread are, predictably, very poor. So far we've had some ad hominem sneers and dismissal of published research from the university of British Columbia Psychology Dept.

I look forward to posters here publishing their own research refuting these findings.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,311 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Finally, being miserable is going to pay off.. which makes me happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I've love to know where they recruited the respondents from. It is well known that regional differences abound in this kind of thing, and what is prevailingly attractive alters from place to place and generation to generation.

A survey of 1,000 people in Vancouver versus 1,000 people in Copenhagan, Buenos Aires or Wuhan, will all have very different outcomes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

BrianD3 wrote: »
    Really, well the evidence from real life is that men who take it a lot further than an angry proud demeanour have no difficulty attracting women. Criminals, thugs, assholes, bullies, volatile men with a bad temper.

I've experienced an element of this myself when I got angry after somebody scratched my car and left the scene, I started ranting and swearing to nobody in particular and a woman who was there at the time got very excited by it. Also know another woman (married, in her 40s) who is obsessed with who would win in a fight between me and her husband and who is stronger etc.

Valid biological reasons why women would want a man with a certain look, demeanour and characteristics. We are animals and people would do well to remember that.

The responses in this thread are, predictably, very poor. So far we've had some ad hominem sneers and dismissal of published research from the university of British Columbia Psychology Dept.

I look forward to posters here publishing their own research refuting these findings.

They have no difficulty attracting women who are damaged people themselves you mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

seamus wrote: »
    I've love to know where they recruited the respondents from. It is well known that regional differences abound in this kind of thing, and what is prevailingly attractive alters from place to place and generation to generation.

A survey of 1,000 people in Vancouver versus 1,000 people in Copenhagan, Buenos Aires or Wuhan, will all have very different outcomes.

I'd imagine that it would look fairly consistent across cultures really. Longitudinally and across cultures, women don't generally select mates for how jovial they are - more likely they select on how well a male can accrue resources, protect resources and will commit to dispersing resources to the spouse and offspring.

That's crude and there will be slight variances across cultures - but that's the foundation of how female mate selection has occurred for millennia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

everyone is nicer looking when they smile....their faces light up
    Unless you've a rake of teeth missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

I don't like girls in general because I've also found them to be to prone to groupthink. Their opinions can be skewed very easily when a strong alpha type enters the fray. I've seen girls turn off me and other guys because the alpha types neg them and make them seem inferior and this makes the girls question if they find a guy attractive. It doesn't surprise me that kindness, warmth, happiness are not traits associated with being attractive. Women look for something else but it certainty isn't those traits.

That's just my opinion. I don't have hatred on an individual level. I believe in treating people with respect but these are my honest views.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Mimon

Yurt! wrote: »
    I'd imagine that it would look fairly consistent across cultures really. Longitudinally and across cultures, women don't generally select mates for how jovial they are - more likely they select on how well a male can accrue resources, protect resources and will commit to dispersing resources to the spouse and offspring.

That's crude and there will be slight variances across cultures - but that's the foundation of how female mate selection has occurred for millennia.

Or better still for shack up with the steady provider but get impregnated by the womanising egotist.

Children will be well provided for but will have the genes that will make them more likely to pass on these genes in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

I'm a miserable bastard and have to beat the wimmims off with a stick.

🙈🙉🙊

Advertisement