Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TdF - Stage 2 - Perros-Guirec to Mûr-de-Bretagne - 183.5km

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Reality_Check1

MVDP in yellow with the bonus seconds?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,315 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Carapaz is the guy at Ineos. Absolutely no doubt it now.

certainly looks like it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

Dan finished 40th @ 36 seconds. Never featured at all

• Registered Users Posts: 28,290 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Yeah, I like Carlton but it was a poor call today. Didn't even know about the bonus seconds at the first until the graphics came up and then at the end, I worked out well before they did that he could have been in Yellow.

Carlton really needs to tone down the shrieking at the stage finishes... It's not Brazillian football!

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,617 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

I get the feeling that ISN might be useless. The new CCC

• Advertisement

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Carlton really needs to tone down the shrieking at the stage finishes...

Its the only thing I like from him. Clearly taking influence from horse racing

Only 10 seconds on GC between Carapaz and Thomas.

He was saying in an article for the Sunday Independednt his legs didn’t feel great yesterday’s because he hasn’t raced since the Giro. So might take him a few stages to warm up

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Eurosport are starting to annoy me with the differences at the end of the stage. If you are on the ad free stream you don't get the discussion in the studio. Did it for the Giro too. Both streams should be identical one with ads, one without.

Wiggo rocking the "disgraced geography teacher" look today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭De Bhál

mewso wrote: »
    Eurosport are starting to annoy me with the differences at the end of the stage. If you are on the ad free stream you don't get the discussion in the studio. Did it for the Giro too. Both streams should be identical one with ads, one without.

GCN app is easily the best money i spent this year

He was saying in an article for the Sunday Independednt his legs didn’t feel great yesterday’s because he hasn’t raced since the Giro. So might take him a few stages to warm up

Orla is looking good in yellow today. Probably about as it's gonna get from an Irish point of view this year

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

De Bhál wrote: »

I'm on desktop PC and they make it very complicated to sign up to GCN outside of an app on your phone. Last time I looked anyway so subsequently signed up with Eurosport player instead which in general is fine although you don't get the docs.

Wiggo rocking the "disgraced geography teacher" look today

Sleazy old musician who still cracks onto young wans down the local pub was my thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 14,064 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

De Bhál wrote: »

Its flaky enough for me, wouldn't be signing up for it again next year, would just use a dodgy stream instead

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

mewso wrote: »

I think there are 2 GCN streams. There's the regular one and the one with "Live Show". Yesterday,I watched the regular one waiting for the live show. I watched the live show one today and they went straight to studio after the MVDP interview

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

RTE news : Martin targeting mountain triumph in Tour de France

http://www.rte.ie/sport/cycling/2021/0624/1231194-martin-targeting-mountain-triumph-in-tour-de-france/

He's basically discarding the first week in this interview.He specifically stated that he wouldn't be ready for today.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,648 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

How much did it cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭De Bhál

eagle eye wrote: »
    How much did it cost?

Can't exactly remember but less than 40 i think for the year

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

eagle eye wrote: »
    How much did it cost?

Pretty sure it was 20 Quid for me

• Advertisement

They had a half price offer for a while of 20€ for the year, which is what I got as well.
    Normal price is €40 for the year, which is fantastic if it worked reasonably. Too many times for me it doesnt load, or just gives the red GCN screen when a race is supposed to be on.

Why is the internet saying Carapaz is now the only man for Ineos? Thomas is only 5 seconds behind? Seems a bit mad to write a lad off completely because of a bad ending to a stage

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Why is the internet saying Carapaz is now the only man for Ineos? Thomas is only 5 seconds behind? Seems a bit mad to write a lad off completely because of a bad ending to a stage

Because he had a bit of a grimace crossing the line, along with about half the peleton.

He lost about 17 seconds to Pog and Rog on the final ascent and couldn't stay with his own train. Carapaz had no such issue.

He lost about 17 seconds to Pog and Rog on the final ascent and couldn't stay with his own train. Carapaz had no such issue.

Thomas will put 90s+ into Carapaz in the TT

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Chris Froome said in an interview he was in the hospital/with the doctors til half one. How do they keep going? Keep their concentration?

Their mechanics pulled an all nighter.
    I'd say most of the teams got little sleep last night.

Must have been hard work today for them all.

It's easy to forget about behind the scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,648 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Very early days in the tour. There's a train of thought now that winding up your fitness over the first week is the best way to go about a grand tour. We'll see over the next three weeks if it works or not.

deise08 wrote: »
    Chris Froome said in an interview he was in the hospital/with the doctors til half one. How do they keep going? Keep their concentration?

Their mechanics pulled an all nighter.
    I'd say most of the teams got little sleep last night.

Must have been hard work today for them all.

It's easy to forget about behind the scenes.

Fair play to Brian Smith he gave the mechanics and their work a mention today during commentary.

Froome had a video up earlier. I'm sure there was more than just himself in that situation.

Can't find it now but there was also a video of Matt While shouting at a mechanic from the car as he'd run passed them, missing them in the chaos yesterday.

EDIT: it's at the end of this one

• Registered Users Posts: 9,290 ✭✭✭Macy0161

My main complaint with GCN was not having the Suisse rights for Ireland. Since they've had the firetv app, I've ditched eurosport player.

I've watched a couple of the legend shows, but not many of the documentaries, but I can see those being regular winter turbo base training fair.

• Advertisement
Advertisement