Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TdF 2021 - Stage 1 Brest -Landerneau(197.8km)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,535 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

DSM rider gone and Tony Martin is pumping blood and looking rough too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Now I don't mean to sound like a traditionalist, but that blue tire Jumbo Visma have is absolutely horrible.

I actually love it

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Morris Garren

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    I actually love it

Back of the class for you! It's an abomination :pac:

Never realised Poulidor never even wore yellow for a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I'm liking the Alpecin Fenix "Mercier" tribute kit. Just a shame that the white shoe and sock combo looks like abattoir wellies.

I thought it was a rip off of the old Navan Road Club jersey.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,841 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I presume the likes of Alaphilippe has to attack here at some point if he wants the win and the yellow.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

That Lithuanian national Jersey is far too similar to the World Champs Jersey. I thought there was an imposter in the Peleton pretending to be Alaphillipe

• Registered Users Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭griffin100

Imagine all those months of hard work and training wiped out by a gob****e on the side of the road who wanted to get on TV and having to drop out before the first stage is complete. What a sickener. That fan is going to have a rough new weeks I’d say.

That Lithuanian national Jersey is far too similar to the World Champs Jersey. I thought there was an imposter in the Peleton pretending to be Alaphillipe

I was thinking the same. He kinda has the same body and riding style too (stop giggling)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,841 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

breezy1985 wrote: »
    I was thinking the same. He kinda has the same body and riding style too (stop giggling)

The distinctive goatee helps to clarify matters in the end.

• Advertisement

So this is home turf for Madouas. Be great if he could grab the surprise win.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭griffin100

Sweet Jesus not again.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

That crash looks rather horrific, some pretty sore bodies after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Morris Garren

HOLY CHUTE!!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Holy god, just went down on his own I think

• Registered Users Posts: 14,047 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

jesus christ

Hatch going on about lost time but surely they'll get same time for a crash like that.

mewso wrote: »
    Hatch going on about lost time but surely they'll get same time for a crash like that.

If it was 3km to finish - yes, but not for that crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

Too far out

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Feck, Froomedog looks out of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Didnt the ES commentators predict something like this given a full fresh peleton and the stage profile?

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

The survivors of the crash didn't really need a climb at the finish.

RobertKK wrote: »
    If it was 3km to finish - yes, but not for that crash.

I know it's 3km as a rule but I thought there had been exceptions made in the past for situations like this.

No sign of ineos anywhere

Lovely finish by Alaphilippe!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

wow some finish from alaphilippe

Thought he nearly threw himself off the bike crossing the line there!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Nobody does it better than Alaphilippe

mewso wrote: »

No it happened too far out

• Advertisement

retalivity wrote: »
    No sign of ineos anywhere

Thomas and 1 other in the final group. That'll be the 4 captains pretence out the window now

Advertisement