Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling Shares - Once off transaction.

Options
  • 24-06-2021 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hi,
    Posting for a work colleague.
    She was left shares in her father's will some time ago and now wants to sell them all.
    What is the easiest way to do this?

Setup an account with Davy and do it that way or do the banks still offer this service?
    As she understands, CGT is on profits made on the sale.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭homer911

You should check out the fee rates, which can take a chunk of the proceeds and are more expensive for certificated shares

Cantor Fitzgerald was best value when I last looked,but try Goodbody and Davy

Yes, CGT is payable on any net gains subject to an annual allowance

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Craig_David

If the shares are held in physical form (certificated form) the registrar may offer a share dealing service.
    If the registrar happens to be Computershare though, since Brexit, they can no longer offer their share dealing services to residents of ROI unfortunately..
    If the shares are held electronically, then its probably worth getting in touch with whatever broker he used to purchase them originally as they shares will be held in their nominee account

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭theunforgiven

Thank you all for your response. They have gone through Davy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 jenson13

Hi there, just wondering if you could explain how you did this.

I have shares that I want to sell as a one off transaction and Davy want me to set up an account. I have no interest in selling these myself so I just want someone to sell them all for me. Glanbia shares.

Advertisement