Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Replacement for 2004 Corolla

Options
  • 23-06-2021 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭

The engine has gone in my faithful 1.4l petrol Corolla hatchback, after 13 years of issue free driving.

I'd like to replace it with a similar sized car for around the €7,000 mark. From the bit of looking around I've done, it seems to leave me with 2013-14 Focus, Megane, Ceed, i20 territory.

Would appreciate any suggestions as I wouldn't have a clue about any issues with certain models.

Thanks

Comments

I'd suggest looking at getting a 2012 Auris with that budget if your into Toyota.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-auris-1-33-vvt-i-tr/27829601

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Very hard to look beyond another Corolla/Auris if you're happy to hold on to it again and have a good ownership experience

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

Just buy another 1.4 corolla from early 2000s

• Registered Users Posts: 15,562 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Are you sure it's really gone. It's a Toyota. Hit it a belt and sure it would probably start up again lol.
    You can't go wrong with a Kia C'eed or a Hyundai i30 or even another Corrola do.
    Nissan Almera maybe?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

I wouldn't be loyal to Toyota as such, I just had a solid car so didn't see the point in changing.
    There seems to be good value in the Mégane compared to the others mentioned. I also see they're recommended quite a bit in other threads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Megane are a great car especially if you're doing a lot of driving to keep the diesel right.

What type of driving do you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

ba_barabus wrote: »
    Megane are a great car especially if you're doing a lot of driving to keep the diesel right.

What type of driving do you do?

My journey to work is 36k each way, all on National roads. That's the main bit of driving the car will get although my parents are 235k away so in normal times I would usual do that trip on average at least once a month.

I wasn't sure whether my work trip was in the right area for going diesel but the petrol options were very limited.

Advertisement