Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Anyone for another tournament?

  • 23-06-2021 1:27pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭ DvB


    I know we only finished the christmas special tournament there a couple of weeks ago, but traffic has slowed here in the christmas forum, so was wondering if we should move ahead with one of the remaining ones we discussed to get things a tad more lively in here?

    The other ones we discussed previously were for christmas songs, we've already done post year 2000, so maybe 1980-1999 or pre 1980 would be a good one?

    Of course, a lot would depend on the availability of the mods so if Loughc & Posy are too busy we can leave it for another while.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens




Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭ TRS30


    Was just thinking about this earlier!

    I would love to see another tournament however appreciate the work involved so only if mods can accommodate it.


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭ DvB


    TRS30 wrote: »
    Was just thinking about this earlier!

    I would love to see another tournament however appreciate the work involved so only if mods can accommodate it.

    Yeah, was just thinking its gotten a little quiet in here and the tournaments seem to bring out the regulars & not so regulars. But yeah, it absolutely has to suit the mods... fair is fair like :D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens




  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 26,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Posy


    I think another songs one is the best bet. We could do a catch all pre-2000, but that might end up being pretty mammoth!

    The 70's and 80's are probably prime Christmas song era. I'm not as sure about the 60's or 90's. :/


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭ DvB


    Posy wrote: »
    I think another songs one is the best bet. We could do a catch all pre-2000, but that might end up being pretty mammoth!

    The 70's and 80's are probably prime Christmas song era. I'm not as sure about the 60's or 90's. :/

    Ooh, so many classics outside the 70s and 80s though...
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens




  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 26,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Posy


    We could do a catch all pre-2000 tournament?

    Or we can split into 2- a best of the 60s/70s, and best of the 80s/90s if anyone thinks that would be better? :)


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭ DvB


    Posy wrote: »
    We could do a catch all pre-2000 tournament?

    Or we can split into 2- a best of the 60s/70s, and best of the 80s/90s if anyone thinks that would be better? :)

    I'm happy either way tbh.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens




  • Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭ TRS30


    Posy wrote: »
    We could do a catch all pre-2000 tournament?

    Or we can split into 2- a best of the 60s/70s, and best of the 80s/90s if anyone thinks that would be better? :)

    Maybe see how many nomination we get and then make a call?


  • Registered Users Posts: 21,252 ✭✭✭✭ Autosport


    Agreed :)


Advertisement