Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayhem on moore street tonight

Options
  • 22-06-2021 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭

https://vimeo.com/566312144
    https://vimeo.com/566314244

I've uploaded 2 videos on vimeo, I strolled to Lidl on moore street to pick up Milk from Oliver bond late tonight and I arrived to the Lidl on lock down and young lads attacking a polish man trying to kick doors open. It was fairly mental and I've grown up in Oliver bond hahah. Something needs to be offered for the youths or they will continue to act like this.

The other videos I don't wanna upload as it incriminate the lads.

Comments

LMHC wrote: »

I've uploaded 2 videos on vimeo, I strolled to Lidl on moore street to pick up Milk from Oliver bond late tonight and I arrived to the Lidl on lock down and young lads attacking a polish man trying to kick doors open. It was fairly mental and I've grown up in Oliver bond hahah. Something needs to be offered for the youths or they will continue to act like this.

What would your like to offer them that doesn't exist already? They have sports complexes and gyms / teams. Social clubs and activities. They have computers, TV and music. They have libraries to read. They have green areas to sit in.

They have more than the adults currently paying for it all did and look, amazingly we aren't all scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,648 ✭✭✭✭listermint

No sound or am I mad?

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭LMHC

listermint wrote: »
    No sound or am I mad?

I muted it as me mate says me name in it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

What would your like to offer them that doesn't exist already? They have sports complexes and gyms / teams. Social clubs and activities. They have computers, TV and music. They have libraries to read. They have green areas to sit in.

They have more than the adults currently paying for it all did and look, amazingly we aren't all scumbags.

Could offer them a lead injection and save the State untold monies in their lifes of welfare?

None of those things are operating at full capacity at present these lads will continue getting worse. I know trust me I was one of them lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,593 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Do some good OP and send or give these videos to the Garda tomorrow. These scum will keep doing this unless there is consequences for there actions. Next time the place could get broken into or someone killed.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

Send your full videos to the Gardai. This might help reduce the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Gearoid88

Mayhem? You dont get out much do you?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The young fella squaring up to the guy twice his size is an eejit. Yer man would have killed him.

None of those things are operating at full capacity at present these lads will continue getting worse. I know trust me I was one of them lads.

Look these lads have all these services available to them. The services aren't cut. They simple see more of people acting the bollix hard man and getting into the 'trade' living it up. Short time.

Services aren't the problem. It's them being realistically being confronted with the downsides to their decisions regularly. Maybe if that was more in their face they would understand that life doesn't have shortcuts.

• Advertisement

Gearoid88 wrote: »
    Mayhem? You dont get out much do you?

Don't get out much hajaj mate I've seen more in an evening then you have in your life. Someone was badly hurt later. Thats why I said I wasn't incriminating anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Little scutbags like that always amuse me, he's half the size of the Polish chap who likely has done military service so has a handle on close-quarters combat of some sort. He could absolutely maul the twerp yet he still persists.

My favourite of this genre is when foreigner bites back, best of the lot was the Chinese auld lad who sparked out a spide on Jervis street a few weeks back. Very satisfying watch.

The young fella squaring up to the guy twice his size is an eejit. Yer man would have killed him.

You'd think tjay sadly It didn't turn out that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Is the lidl on Thomas st closed?

listermint wrote: »
    No sound or am I mad?

There is no sound, but you might still be mad.

There is no sound, but you might still be mad.

Definitely

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Is the lidl on Thomas st closed?

Yeah that and the dealz was out of power. Work going on over the spar cut the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Stihl waters

Yurt! wrote: »
    My favourite of these genres is when foreigner bites back, best of the lot was the Chinese auld lad who sparked out a spide on Jervis street a few weeks back. Very satisfying watch.

Sparked out(?)a spide(?) You'll have to translate as I'm not fluent in inner city

Sparked out(?)a spide(?) You'll have to translate as I'm not fluent in inner city

Sparked is knocked out, spide- smack head, scumbag

Little scutbags like that always amuse me, he's half the size of the Polish chap who likely has done military service so has a handle on close-quarters combat of some sort. He could absolutely maul the twerp yet he still persists.

My favourite of this genre is when foreigner bites back, best of the lot was the Chinese auld lad who sparked out a spide on Jervis street a few weeks back. Very satisfying watch.

Polish chap was attacked when he left lidl and knocked out cold

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,585 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Its a pity he didn't.

Na the best one was the "heor leave it owwwwwwww" one with the two huge blokes battering the lad on Talbot street. Now that was funny.

Feel sorry for him if true.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Hoped on I'm guessing by loads of them... Please do the right thing give footage to the Gardai.

I know there will be CCTV footage but that tends to be high up, your footage could be used and end up saving others....

I've be attacked at work and out of it and it's unreal how nobody would ever help and to be honest the Gardai were useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

Barely any of these things were available for most of us growing up.

It's always the same argument put forward for them "but there's nothing for them to do". Why does this mean they have to be little pricks? They could try do the very opposite of destroying things and being violent. Why does boredom automatically give you the right to be a dickhead?

Hoped on I'm guessing by loads of them... Please do the right thing give footage to the Gardai.

I know there will be CCTV footage but that tends to be high up, your footage could be used and end up saving others....

I've be attacked at work and out of it and it's unreal how nobody would ever help and to be honest the Gardai were useless.

He was attacked by a few of them yeah. Badly hurt hopefully bloke is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

He was attacked by a few of them yeah. Badly hurt hopefully bloke is ok.

Well I hope something is done, sorry to say it could easily have been you or your mate....

All it takes is one bad hit, hit head on ground or one of them to pull a knife or screw driver....

Life is absolutely worthless to these scum bags.

Well I hope something is done, sorry to say it could easily have been you or your mate....

All it takes is one bad hit, hit head on ground or one of them to pull a knife or screw driver....

Life is absolutely worthless to these scum bags.

Id be alright in town mate. But yeah polish guy should of walked away when it first started there was loads standing about. We stopped jt then he kept calling at them and they waited outside.

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Its a pity he didn't.

Na the best one was the "heor leave it owwwwwwww" one with the two huge blokes battering the lad on Talbot street. Now that was funny.

Feel sorry for him if true.

They heyor leave it out was Ross hutch being assaulted by 2 Lithuanians ha

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭GSBellew

So scummers attacked someone, you can identify the scummers but won't because it's not their fault that they are scummers, they are just bored?

Wonder how so many generations before survived without stuff to keep them amused, mad.

GSBellew wrote: »
    So scummers attacked someone, you can identify the scummers but won't because it's not their fault that they are scummers, they are just bored?

Wonder how so many generations before survived without stuff to keep them amused, mad.

I wouldn't be having anything to do with the guards.

• Advertisement

As to what's happening in the area, stroll around to the Bridgefoot Street Park and see the massive development that's going on there in terms of a new public park.

Though maybe not somewhere you can get late night milk. The garage on the quays is probably the best bet for that. Pro tip.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement