Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Mondeo MK4 (2010)

Options
  • 21-06-2021 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭

Looking for a new (to me) car, have eyes on a mondeo 2.0tdci. Priced higher than most with the same year, seller asking €4,350. Car looks to be in good nick and has a plethora of service history and receipts. I'm just looking for anyone who has knowledge of common issues with this car and engine specifically. About 180,000km on it. I'm not concerned about minor stuff, for example a rattling boot latch. Just issues that could make the car not such a good deal if I had to fork out big money

Comments

Can't help you with specific issues your best googling to find out. Price seems high on an 11 year old car with that mileage. In terms of receipts and service history be, sure to check any recent examples to get a better feel for the cars condition

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

That's small mileage for an 11 year old car.

Had a 2013 for 2 1/2 years, until quite recently, and found it great. It was very reliable for me - changed a thermostat and a headlight - but that was all. Bought it with 235,000 and sold it with a shade under 290,000 on it. Was comfortable and spacious and handled well for the size of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭BlakeS94

Dilbert75 wrote: »
    That's small mileage for an 11 year old car.

Had a 2013 for 2 1/2 years, until quite recently, and found it great. It was very reliable for me - changed a thermostat and a headlight - but that was all. Bought it with 235,000 and sold it with a shade under 290,000 on it. Was comfortable and spacious and handled well for the size of it.

Thank you, I went ahead and bought it, checked all four corners suspension, brakes, everything that I could think of, car passed the tests in my book.also did the most expensive report and everything checked out

Advertisement