Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ah poor Christie !

Options
13»

Comments

Right? And the thing is, I would LOVE to be back in the workplace. I hate not working. I’d never willingly choose to be in the position I’m in.

I hope you're not a singer/songwriter.... The OP might still be reading :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,825 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

JayZeus wrote: »
    The taxpayer has given €400k to Aiken promotions, millions of euro to more multi-millionaires running events venues and businesses. FFS, pantomimes received millions. Pantomimes and musicals.

If a hard working band like Aslan are less deserving I reckon all that says is that the government as usual is doing SFA for the working man, as usual.

I was aware of the Aiken promotions grant.

During the pandemic, Aiken had the capacity to earn ZERO...Aiken has staff..overheads

ASLAN / Christy certainly could earn through music sales, streaming, publishing...if after a 35 plus year career you are just left with a few euro... they sold millions of records played to millions of people... broke ? Ok should the taxpayers be made foot that ?

Down to his last few euros ? I’d have sympathy but I’m not for the taxpayers bailing him out.

Aslan are a serious part of 1980s and 90s Dublin working class culture. While Bono was prancing round America in a cowboy hat and newly found faux Americana, Aslan were very much keeping in real in Dublin. Heroin addiction, the dole office, pushing a buggy around in the rain in Kilbarrack or Ballyfermot. He certainly did the state some service, wish him all the best and as good health as possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gEgGlveoLY

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Tilden Katz

He lives in a home worth (at current market values) around 450k. Drives a nice 142D merc, was on the "living with lucy" a while back, another pay check along with the indo story.

Regardless of illness or age, begging to the taxpayer for funds is enough to get peoples backs up.

Meh....

Why doesn't he set up a go fund me page? if each fan gave a euro ��

I doubt these two things brought in much filthy lucre. If he lived another five years, the proceeds from downsizing his house and car wouldn’t be long disappearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,583 ✭✭✭archfi

JayZeus wrote: »
    The taxpayer has given €400k to Aiken promotions, millions of euro to more multi-millionaires running events venues and businesses. FFS, pantomimes received millions. Pantomimes and musicals.

If a hard working band like Aslan are less deserving I reckon all that says is that the government as usual is doing SFA for the working man, as usual.
    Yep, maybe Alan Hughes aka Mr Sausages could donate some of that chunky 300k+ from the pandemic fund he was gifted by Catherine Martin a day or so after his whine on Liveline - a bloody panto that was only videoed and shown online.

On that note, I wonder did Aslan apply for any funding (I didn't read the article)

And 100%, ageism in the employment market is rife.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Tilden Katz

Some ****e band that's only heard on the likes on FM104 or 98fm living off of one or two generic songs that were probably never played outside of Ireland.

If ya seen auld Christie on any given day over the years you would think he was just some random junkie walking the streets. Sure, look at the head on him.

Right so, even if you think he looks like a junkie - relevance?

This falls way short of the craic test, not to mention the insensitivity of some posts. Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement