Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Santa's Magic

Options
  • 20-06-2021 7:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭

Its been a very long time since Santa's visit was noticed. However my youngest elf will be two and half by this Christmas and the questions will start being asked:

How does Santa do XYZ?

So I was thinking of a thread for great answers to these terrifying, as a parent, questions.

For example "How does Santa get in the house as we do not have a fire place of chimney?"

In a perfect world "magic" would cut it. Does he:
    1. Have a magic key
    2. Have special magic where he can squeeze under doors
    3. A.N. Other

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

I usually just say that I don’t know what find of magic when asked by my 3.5 year old and tell him he should ask Santa when he sees him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

What has worked for me is to keep it vague, don't paint yourself into a corner!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Great idea for a thread !
    I like the "magic key" answer
    (I would have totally believed it. We did have a fireplace ourselves, so never had any question on that front)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Funnily enough when we got rid of our traditional fireplace & got the gas fire installed the kids did ask at the time if that meant santa wouldnt be able to get in to the house, we kept it vague & made various references to magic & not really knowing howit works, but that it just did & it was all part of the magic of christmas.

Didnt rear its head again until the big conversation & reveal about a month or so ago so it was just accepted at the time by them.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

We have a stove with quite a small door so we've gone with "he must be able to make it bigger to get the stuff down it...". Mr. CL also makes a point of leaving the door to the stove open on Christmas Eve...we don't normally light the fire on Christmas Eve so Santy can get down in comfort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

CheerLouth wrote: »
    We have a stove with quite a small door so we've gone with "he must be able to make it bigger to get the stuff down it...". Mr. CL also makes a point of leaving the door to the stove open on Christmas Eve...we don't normally light the fire on Christmas Eve so Santy can get down in comfort.

Same, we have a stove so last year there was great concern Santa wouldn't be able to open the door so it was left open when letters were left out and on Christmas Eve :D

Advertisement