Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Santa's Magic

• 20-06-2021 6:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭ Jude13

Its been a very long time since Santa's visit was noticed. However my youngest elf will be two and half by this Christmas and the questions will start being asked:

How does Santa do XYZ?

So I was thinking of a thread for great answers to these terrifying, as a parent, questions.

For example "How does Santa get in the house as we do not have a fire place of chimney?"

In a perfect world "magic" would cut it. Does he:
    1. Have a magic key
    2. Have special magic where he can squeeze under doors
    3. A.N. Other

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭ bee06

I usually just say that I don’t know what find of magic when asked by my 3.5 year old and tell him he should ask Santa when he sees him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,055 ✭✭✭✭ OmegaGene

Just say you don’t know, if you start going into details it will all unravel for the child very quickly so I think it’s best to leave the magical event a mystery.
    It’s worked for me anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 5,712 ✭✭✭ TRS30

What has worked for me is to keep it vague, don't paint yourself into a corner!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭ otnomart

Great idea for a thread !
    I like the "magic key" answer
    (I would have totally believed it. We did have a fireplace ourselves, so never had any question on that front)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭ DvB

Funnily enough when we got rid of our traditional fireplace & got the gas fire installed the kids did ask at the time if that meant santa wouldnt be able to get in to the house, we kept it vague & made various references to magic & not really knowing howit works, but that it just did & it was all part of the magic of christmas.

Didnt rear its head again until the big conversation & reveal about a month or so ago so it was just accepted at the time by them.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭ CheerLouth

We have a stove with quite a small door so we've gone with "he must be able to make it bigger to get the stuff down it...". Mr. CL also makes a point of leaving the door to the stove open on Christmas Eve...we don't normally light the fire on Christmas Eve so Santy can get down in comfort.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,712 ✭✭✭ TRS30

CheerLouth wrote: »
    We have a stove with quite a small door so we've gone with "he must be able to make it bigger to get the stuff down it...". Mr. CL also makes a point of leaving the door to the stove open on Christmas Eve...we don't normally light the fire on Christmas Eve so Santy can get down in comfort.

Same, we have a stove so last year there was great concern Santa wouldn't be able to open the door so it was left open when letters were left out and on Christmas Eve :D

Advertisement