Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog ripped my carpets in rented house, need help

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Oranage2 wrote: »
    The crazy price of rent should cover a few puppy scratches. Modern landlords are like something out of the Victorian age, truly sickening
    They are seeking out ways to pile on charges, especially in RPZ's,

@OP did you get the pictures up yet?
    There are probably a few ways to fix it without costing too much, but would need photos.
    Close up if possible or if worried about it being identifiable.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,827 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Suckit wrote: »
    @OP did you get the pictures up yet?
    They havent been seen or heard of since posting. I think its safe to say the whole thing was a wind up by someone who had nothing better to do. It happens!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 989 ✭✭✭ineedeuro

muffler wrote: »
    They havent been seen or heard of since posting. I think its safe to say the whole thing was a wind up by someone who had nothing better to do. It happens!

Doubt it, they didn't get the answer they wanted so legged it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭dubrov

It seems like half the stories on boards are made up these days

• Registered Users Posts: 12,194 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,827 ✭✭✭✭muffler

dubrov wrote: »
    There's quite a lot of it going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

There's quite a lot of it going on.

I take the posts at face value and try to offer advice based on that. Now - there are some that are obvious wind-ups and I just skip them. Seems some people need a life, if this is all they can find to do...

Back to the OP (if they are on the up and up) - I would tell the landlord, and be prepared for him either to give you notice (likely) OR if you have a good relationship with him, tell him you'll leave the carpet as is for now, but replace when you leave. But tell him you must.

We live in rented accommodation with 2 small dogs. We have a good relationship with the landlord, and we basically have our own stuff in the property - including rugs! The floors are washed and disinfected regularly, and as the rugs are ours? Any damage will be down to us - they tend to be cheap, washable and easily replaced. Is this something that could work for you, OP?

The dog's still a puppy, so WILL chew! It's down to you to keep an eye, keep anything like shoes and children's toys out of his way and train the dog to know what he can and cannot chew.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭LenWoods

all pups go through a phase,
    here's proof it happened to me over two years ago now; but the floor covering was only temporary until i got tiles and flooring and i wasn't renting.

pnvpSy0Tj

• Registered Users Posts: 7,019 ✭✭✭volchitsa

LenWoods wrote: »
    all pups go through a phase,
    here's proof it happened to me over two years ago now; but the floor covering was only temporary until i got tiles and flooring and i wasn't renting.

pnvpSy0Tj

Oh it’s Liam, what a sweetie! How could anyone scold such a worried looking little face?

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭LenWoods

volchitsa wrote: »
    Oh it’s Liam, what a sweetie! How could anyone scold such a worried looking little face?
    :o i didnt even tell him he was bold :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement