Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bike gear in dublin

• 17-06-2021 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭

Lads in in dublin for work tomorrow and was hoping to pick up some gear like jacket and pants. Was thinking of going to bikeworld and cotters. Are they worth a visit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

Cotters is a great place to do business.

i was denied a refund in bikeworld on a faulty pair of boots a couple of years back,wasn't impressed. even a member of staff couldn't believe it. havn't spent a shilling there since. nor do i intend to.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭eoin.d

i was denied a refund in bikeworld on a faulty pair of boots a couple of years back,wasn't impressed. even a member of staff couldn't believe it. havn't spent a shilling there since. nor do i intend to.[/quote]

Seen some bad reviews on them alright but they seem to have a great selection

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Bought leathers about a month ago in Bikeworld. Found them fantastic to deal with. Great range and did me a great deal too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

ronanc15 wrote: »
    Bought leathers about a month ago in Bikeworld. Found them fantastic to deal with. Great range and did me a great deal too.

If Im in there I only deal with Ray TBH, if the lad can help you he deffo will.

Would not deal with anyone else, especially the owner :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Megabikes all the way. They have a new shop near Bikeworld and its a lot better. I bought a Shoei helmet and Alpinestars suit there recently. The prices were pretty much the same as online.

Never got a chance to go yet so hopefully call to them all next week. I picked up a furygan leather jacket in France the other day. Sport type jacket fits perfectly but seems short on the waist. Few people told me that's the way they should be, just above the belt. Is this the way they should be?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Prob a stupid question but are you allowed to try on lids with all the covid restrictions in place?

Prob a stupid question but are you allowed to try on lids with all the covid restrictions in place?

I've been in a few places yesterday one I had to put on gloves and balaclava to try them on next shop was the same as there was no covid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

eoin.d wrote: »
    I've been in a few places yesterday one I had to put on gloves and balaclava to try them on next shop was the same as there was no covid

Cheers was just wondering what the criac was as i would not be a big fan of just buying a lid without trying it on as shell sizes are different on different brands etc

Wouldn't be happy with them just measuring your head and then saying yep that's a medium here you go and then when you get home its loose or too tight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭anto9

Megabikes ,Wexford st branch have discounted items.The other branch in the suburbs do not do discounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Even within brands, some would be half a size smaller or larger so if you're at the either end you could be going 1 up or down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭horse7

Adverts.ie for jackets.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Betsy Og

Was in Cotters on Saturday. Bought a jacket and a few small things. Good craic with the guy there, didn't catch his name, but I'll be back....as the fella says....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Megabikes have a good range of Alpinestars... Cotters seem to do some generic brands, but nothing recognisable. Bike world has gone to shite over the past few years... It feels like they've given up trying and stuff just sells itself.

I picked up a Furygan Jacket online recently. Love it and like another poster mentioned, it is a wee bit short on the waste. But it looks good, fits well and sits nicely in the riding position.

To be honest, I'd decide what you want first then find out who stocks the type of gear you're after... If you go to a shop with the idea of just buying a jacket, you'll end up walking out with whatever they have rather than what you want or need.

I got a furygan jacket myself and yes fits very short standing but fits perfectly on bike and very comfortable to wear. I also found Lee motorcycles in Cork have a good selection of stuff

Advertisement