Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

accessing broadband pipe

Options
  • 17-06-2021 9:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

I need to tee off an existing broadband pipe running through my front garden before concreting over the area for a new driveway. I'm building a new property beside the existing one.
    I can dig down and lay a new pipe to this junction but to push new fibre in a year or two, I would either need to leave behind a draw cord, one to each property, or create a new shore to access this area in the middle of the driveway area.
    I'll be approaching the broadband provider but want to know if I need groundworks done to create the shore or a plain driveway contractor if I'm not.
    Any advice? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭mike_2009

So the broadband provider has a process where you get a survey done and out of that they carry out the required works within 60 days. The survey cost is deducted from the total cost. Exactly how to reduce duplication and use align the driveway groundworks with the broadband team isn't clear and is unlikely to happen things being as they are. All I can do is rip up part of the existing driveway to let them lay their trench and reinstate it temporarily until the new driveway is installed and separate my risk but increase costs in doing so. €544 incl VAT is the survey fee if anyone is interested.
    OpenEir are the ones responsible for these types of works in my case.

Advertisement