Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Savoury Beef Burger Seasoning

Options
  • 14-06-2021 10:56pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭


    Looking for some ideas to a savoury beef burger seasoning, something that will go well with eggs...lots of eggs

    I typical use high fat mince, and stay away from gluten


Comments

  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree


    My usual burger seasoning is a bitta soy sauce, white pepper and parsley. Pretty good all round seasoning.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind


    worcestorshire sauce, pepper, salt, 25 percent pork mince, 25 percent venison. 50 percent beef.
    High heat sear, finish in the oven.


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w


    worcestorshire sauce, pepper, salt, 25 percent pork mince, 25 percent venison. 50 percent beef.
    High heat sear, finish in the oven.

    Vension seems impossible to get in my experience, I do like it, but it's normally from lads in work who hunt give a bit to mince


  • Registered Users Posts: 16,895 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu


    Salt and pepper - let the meat do the talking.


  • Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Alun


    c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Vension seems impossible to get in my experience, I do like it, but it's normally from lads in work who hunt give a bit to mince
    Yeah, that's always puzzled me. It seems that unless you want to pay well over the odds for it, you have to be "in the know" to get hold of it. The Wicklow Mountains are full to overflowing with deer, you'd think venison would be more obtainable.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w


    Alun wrote: »
    Yeah, that's always puzzled me. It seems that unless you want to pay well over the odds for it, you have to be "in the know" to get hold of it. The Wicklow Mountains are full to overflowing with deer, you'd think venison would be more obtainable.

    Same with Rabbit, i found a butcher who stocked rabbit, but there were frozen and €12 each...My neighbor sold me 5 for 20€, and they were fresh


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Patsy167


    Knorr Aromat and Soy sauce


  • Registered Users Posts: 16,895 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu


    c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Same with Rabbit, i found a butcher who stocked rabbit, but there were frozen and €12 each...My neighbor sold me 5 for 20€, and they were fresh

    Fresh wild local rabbit, skinned, drawn and vac packed are sometimes available in the English Market in Cork for €7.50.
    Good value to me!

    Venison, too.
    Reasonably priced.
    Shank is lovely, and cheap.


  • Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Alun


    Fresh wild local rabbit, skinned, drawn and vac packed are sometimes available in the English Market in Cork for €7.50.
    Good value to me!

    Venison, too.
    Reasonably priced.
    Shank is lovely, and cheap.
    Bit of a long drive for me though.


Advertisement