Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foods that defined your childhood

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,236 ✭✭✭Esse85

Fish fingers, chicken burgers, mccain microwave able chips.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

I would like to point out, on behalf of cork people, that Battenburg in Cork is not the pink and yellow thing, but a triangular (prism-al?) cake with chocolate covering and checkered chocolate and plain sponge inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

Tree wrote: »
    I would like to point out, on behalf of cork people, that Battenburg in Cork is not the pink and yellow thing, but a triangular (prism-al?) cake with chocolate covering and checkered chocolate and plain sponge inside.

CNugvCJWgAEJPAR.jpg

Lamb liver for breakfast......used to regularly have it for breakfast as a kid.......none of my crew would touch liver / offal...... they don't know what they're missing

• Registered Users Posts: 27,883 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Was someone asked to make a cake that looked like toberlone chunks?
    I wouldn't have picked Sauvignon Blanc as the wine pairing tbh :)

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Was someone asked to make a cake that looked like toberlone chunks?
    I wouldn't have picked Sauvignon Blanc as the wine pairing tbh :)

Cork :rolleyes:

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Birds Eye Potato Waffles

- end thread -

A toaster is cooking too! .. .. .. technically.. .. ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭Patsy167

l388nqwje6571.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,798 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Ahhh..... back when a Bruch actually tasted of something (lovely) :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

My uncle delivers bread and cakes and once passed us at the beach and handed one of those
    out of the van between about eight of us. We hadn't any knife or plate so just broke chunks off and ate them. Not standard beach/picnic food but we still talk about it!

Mam used to buy us those sparkles icepops on the way home from the beach too, but if you were on your own she'd splash out on a loop the loop. I feel like I spent most of my childhood on the beach, most of my food memories are there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I always wondered why my memories of Battenburg was different to many others!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

I had a childminder throughout my primary school years and I’ll never forget how comforting her dinners were, she cooked the most delicious shepherds pie, I always try to make it the way she did and it takes me right back to sitting at her kitchen table aged 10 every single time!

Also the stew she used to cook, thick, mushy beef stew, again, I managed to start making it the way she used to and it takes me right back!

Even when I use Chef ketchup instead of Heinz or Aldi local brand, transports me back in time :V

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

I mean, we're mad for specific cakes with names that overlap with non-Cork cakes. Like "layer cake", it's not a generic cake with layers but specfically a large madeira with one layer of choclate butter cream and one layer of vanilla buttercream. Almost always comes out at Christmas.

Advertisement