Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forza Horizon 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I dunno, every other day I'm seeing new 'cheats' for it, there's one for infinite wheel spins, one for infinite money if you can be bothered, just irritates me I guess, reminds me of when people would cheat toget infinite ammo and invincibility in games in the 80's/90's then claim they 'cleared it' on hardest settings. I know it shouldn't bother me but it does. I'll still d/l it to play over the holidays but beyond that ... looks too much like FH4.5

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

I only meant to quote the first paragraph, this version of the boards doesn't allow me apparently, but I gotta say that the bit about "it's clearly nothing more than corporate box ticking from people who don't care, making sure you can choose you pronoun and switch any limb for a prosthetic, but heaven forbid anyone who's old, overweight or generally not conventionally good looking could be represented." is quite on the spot. I had a genuine laugh about it when I first started the game.

My thought was "wow, this game lets you be anything...as long as you're 21, somewhat underweight and wearing really ugly clothes!".

And it IS pretty grating - as you said, nothing more than corporate box ticking to set tongues waggling and keyboards typing around the usual "gaming reviews hotspots" on the net. And to think this "issue" was never there to begin with...it's a car based game, there's really no need whatsoever for avatars. The invisible and silent drivers of older games where already covering every imaginable player type. You just didn't see them, it was all about the car. But I guess you won't sell idiotic Fortnite dances and silly decorations that way...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I decided to go ahead and give it a try, I mean I'm paying for XBGP and rarely use it, might as well get me money's worth ... I thought it was cool actually when they said my name in game! What I didn't think was in any way cool was the f'ing ott irritating AF voice overs in general - I thought it was bad in FH4 but they actually managed to make it worse this time. Think I'll be playing this one muted with some tunes of my own in the BG ... why oh why do these companies insist on being trapped in the 'Hey Duuuuuude!' era of the early 90's?? really off putting. Gorgeous game though, even on my humble GTX 1660 with some minor tweaks to help it run smooth, tis a beautiful looker - real shame about the sound, the tunes in game are junk also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭brady12

despite all the updates the online is still broken for me . 3 hard crashes of console in 20mins while online

Game is a mess in many other aspects - I keep getting "wrong car for seasonal objective" for anything I try from the "spring" playlist, despite trying with just about every car I have and, most importantly, said objective NOT having any indication about what cars qualify for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Click the right stick in the festival playlist, it shows you the car type and class restriction for the seasonal PR stunts. Same when you hover over them in the main map.

That...will be a challenge, I have no "right stick" (Logitech G920). I'll connect a pad to check - but the ones I'm talking about apparently have no restrictions, yet I get the error each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

The button labelled RSB on that wheel should act as the right stick, unless you've changed it's config!

mmm that's funny - these buttons never worked for me on Xbox. I know they work 'cause I can use them on PC. I shall take a look after work, thanks!

Worth a try at least :)

• Advertisement

The game thinks I own all 7 houses, but I haven't bought the 5 mil one yet! I've only 6 and the achievement just popped!

Weird :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Festival playlist treasure hunt "blazing thunder" seems to be broken. The clue is "come as you are for a blazing trilogy across any trials". I somehow don't think it's a nirvana reference but I took its as use any car to get 3 stars in 3 trials but it doesn't trigger the reward

The pic shows a dune buggy racing. Would it be related to Baja cross country events?

Hmm I don't think so but I could be wrong , I think the "come as you are" part means use whatever car you are driving and a "trilogy across any trials" means complete 3 trails. From what the internet is saying its not triggering for a lot of people but some people claiming it triggered after one trial so I'm not too sure

My mistake so :)

It's a pity it's not triggering though!

The requirement is to 3 star any Trailblazer however it's currently bugged in that it won't complete for anyone who has already completed all the Trailblazers - in a similar vein to the bugged daily challenges from last series to complete an Expedition or a story mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭quokula

Was just playing the "Auld Lang Syne" seasonal event for new year's which is for cars from the 2010s, it feels like they just copied and pasted FH4's event and forgot we're well into the new decade now.

I really hate how you've to grind for hours just to complete the festival playlist

• Registered Users Posts: 13,832 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Yeah, had a look at those and not for me, too much messing about. I find myself just dipping into it for a few quick races and out again. At the higher difficulty levels, you need a perfectly tuned max for that class car in order to stand a chance of winning. And I'd imagine online is all people with maxxed out properly tuned cars, so that doesn't interest me either. Visually stunning and gameplay really is faultless, but it's just missing something, for me personally it's missing progression so there's no push to complete things.

I have all races, stories,drift zones,speed zones etc all completed so I only log in for the festival playlist, completing the playlist isn't difficult but just unnecessarily time consuming

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭quokula

I usually aim to get the first prize car each week, the second one is way too grindy to bother, especially since every car in the game basically feels the same so I don't actually care about the prize other than it being a thing to do.

I tend to do the three championships plus the trial and that's usually enough points. The Trial can be a fun challenge but it's also super annoying at times as I mostly finish in the top 2 (there's generally one AI that's really hard to beat and the rest are easier), but it usually takes a bunch of attempts before I'm finally matchmade with players who don't finish behind all the AIs and drag the team score down.

Aside from that, I do the monthly rivals and that's usually it. I'm not that into the playground stuff and can't be bothered with all the fiddling to set up photographs or do treasure hunts. I did try the stunts a couple of times before and had trouble getting them to trigger so decided I'd stop bothering and only do races.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Dublinandy3

Not sure if I was lucky or same for all but I opened the game on my mobile via the app to play it and it gave me the welcome pack for free. I got a dozen or so cars, a car voucher, some clothing things and some money.

Again not sure if a bug for all or I got lucky, but worth a try.

The forzathon weekly challenge this week you have to use the Bentley Blower, final challenge is drive 100 miles in it. That's just torture!

The more torturous thing is that it costs four million credits. And that was on top of if you needed to buy the Ferrari for the speed trap at another 1.2 million.

I had to spend two hours today grinding out the credits to buy the damn car, then an hour for the speed zones and races (because I couldn't afford upgrades higher than top of D class after buying it!), followed by another hour for the 160km driving distance (3 laps of Goliath gets you there).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Auto steering and auto breaking with a rubber band —— done

I got the Bentley in a wheelspin and got the F40 in the auction house for 900,000cr so it wasn't too bad from that point of view. This is why I collect every car

They are giving every player 100 points because the 100 miles challenge is "a bit of a grind"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

"Turn around when it is safe to do so."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

The 370Z Formula Drift car is amazing. Got plenty of three stars in the drift zones thanks to it.

• Advertisement

Have they upped the difficulty on festival playlist championships?

Advertisement