Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving a project for a better job

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,088 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

To me the big question is if the new offer is an outlier, or if it is just opening your eyes to what else is out there?

If you won't get a €40k increase anywhere else then take the opportunity before it disappears.

But if you are underpaid now and the +€40k is more of an industry standard then why not have your cake and eat it, do the 3 months to get a big lump sum and then move onto a better paid job.

The question of leaving them in the lurch doesn't really come into it, its not like you are just not showing up for work because you are hungover. This is business and you come higher than they do on the priority list, thats just the way it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭maneno

Take care of number one and that’s you. The offer from your current company is not good, I would go for the new job given there’s a clear path of growth etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

thanks for the feedback, had an interesting day where the new firm have countered with a higher base salary offer than was table due to the offer my current firm offered me. After very careful consideration i am going to move jobs and take the new offer. While they are offering the market value its with a firm that has a number of positive best work place awards and have amazing work life balanced approach. The new salary is too good to turn down and will make a real different to my families life and give us opportunities that are not even under consideration at the moment.

I have offered to help out the project team after leaving to close out elements they need help with to make the go live date so its up to them if they take the offer up.

Onwards and upwards,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭rn

Congrats on your new job. Right decision. Remember you can always move again in 12-24 months if it's not for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Staplor

Fantastic, I was in a similar situation a while back, without the bonus offer, I was promised all manner of promotions etc that were beyond the gift of my manager. I moved, am delighted, hope you will be too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Congrats. Great decision and all the best. You won't know yourself with what sounds like an insane hike in wages!

Advertisement