Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro 2020 - AH Official Thread *READ OP BEFORE POSTING*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Spain with a headed goal; from a corner kick but it’s not what you think…

Think I’ll flick over at this point. Sweet release!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,943 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Sweden went under the radar coming into this tournament and now they're going to win a tough group and probably should have beaten Spain. They could go another round or two. They consistently go far in competitions for a small country fair play to them. Lewandowski scores as I'm typing this but Sweden still winning.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

• Registered Users Posts: 28,684 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Emmm. Ireland were knocked out in the playoffs by... Slovakia?
    *yikes*

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement

They’re rattlin a few taytos into the dirtbox that is Slovakia now.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭French Toast

Without putting too fine a point on it, Slovakia are having their holes opened here.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,324 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Bobblehats wrote: »
    They’re rattlin a few taytos into the dirtbox that is Slovakia now.
    Without putting too fine a point on it, Slovakia are having their holes opened here.

we are a nation of poets.

They are focking abysmal!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭archfi

Poland level!
    Cmon Polska!

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,378 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Will they do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,378 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Ah Sweden.

You dry bastards.

Hard luck Poland, that's what you call the final nail

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

Man :( send these boys packing.

Slovakia on leave to remain or what??

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭HerrKapitan

Seriously are RTE not showing the Germany v Hungary game? I see they have France v Portugal instead.

Surely it is important to show our young people that we need to stand up to bigotry and injustice. The more that see the stadium lit up in bright colours the better.

Seriously are RTE not showing the Germany v Hungary game? I see they have France v Portugal instead.

Surely it is important to show our young people that we need to stand up to bigotry and injustice. The more that see the stadium lit up in bright colours the better.

It's on the RTE News Now channel for current affairs reasons rather than sport.

The furryvision quality of that channel will only enhance the psychedelic aspect of the colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,630 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Great stuff from Richie here. Calling out UEFA for their cowardice and talking out both sides of their mouth.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Richie Sadlier is unbearable.
    At least it keeps him off making snide public accusations against innocent people.
    These people will ruin football.
    This guy has not got one clue - is he employed as a poiltical football pundit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

Wtf are rte doing discussing this rubbish..? I don't want to hear about this pride crap when we are in the middle of a soccer build up..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,630 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Duffer getting in on it now, as well. Excellent stuff, well done to the two of them.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement

Duffer getting in on it now, as well. Excellent stuff, well done to the two of them.

Anyone that listened to him would know he's using this to get out his hatred for UEFA.
    I hate UEFA but they are right in this instance.

Come on the football.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,763 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

UsBus wrote: »
    Wtf are rte doing discussing this rubbish..? I don't want to hear about this pride crap when we are in the middle of a soccer build up..

UEFA were asked to do something in a soccer match they declined and then tried to come out with a wishy washy statement. I am with Richie on this they either do it always or not at all and not shrink away from there principals incase it upsets someone

• Registered Users Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Dublin v Galway is on TG 4 for anyone who doesn't agree with RTE's choice of game to show.

odyssey06 wrote: »
    It's on the RTE News Now channel for current affairs reasons rather than sport.

The furryvision quality of that channel will only enhance the psychedelic aspect of the colours.

Yeh the sweden match wasn’t, left me stuck that 2nd half. With A newfound appreciation for furryvision

Am I drunk, or am I just watching football on RTE News Now on Saorview???

* Trick question, of course the answer is both

• Registered Users Posts: 10,763 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

archfi wrote: »
    Anyone that listened to him would know he's using this to get out his hatred for UEFA.
    I hate UEFA but they are right in this instance.

Come on the football.

Lets not do something incase we upset someone? They are either for inclusiveness or not.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

10 goals in those 2 matches, hope the quota for today hasn't been used up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,705 ✭✭✭buried

Can see Renato Sanches doing some damage here in midfield for Portugal. On the other hand its going to be some craic watching Semedo having to deal with Mbappé. Should be a great match.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 13,726 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

World v European champs.
    Probably be a bore fest

• Advertisement

Lets not do something incase we upset someone? They are either for inclusiveness or not.

I'm not engaging further as to ruin this thread, there is another thread all about it.
    I will remind you it is the Hungarian football squad playing, not their govt.
    Try to enjoy the football.

Advertisement