Advertisement
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Has C&C a future?

• 08-06-2021 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭ mrskinner

Is this a looming take-over prospect?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭ garrettod

It seems an obvious business to be taken over and asset striped, at some stage - but that doesn't necessarily mean that it's current shareholders will make a fortune when it is bought out.

I'd guess that one of the international brands will buy it - primarily for the cider and beer brands, but I can't see them having much interest in the distribution business, so that may be spun off.

I must admit, if I were a shareholder, I'd be fairly annoyed with the way the business has been allowed to go, over the last decade or more - no sign of any real ambition, and a serious concentration risk by Relying so heavily on a drink that will icky do well during a good summer in Ireland and the UK.

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭ mrskinner

In the rights issue now ongoing, C&C insist on sterling drafts if any investor living in Ireland wants to take up extra shares. Well done C&C for turning your back on your roots.

Advertisement