Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has C&C a future?

• 08-06-2021 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

Is this a looming take-over prospect?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭garrettod

It seems an obvious business to be taken over and asset striped, at some stage - but that doesn't necessarily mean that it's current shareholders will make a fortune when it is bought out.

I'd guess that one of the international brands will buy it - primarily for the cider and beer brands, but I can't see them having much interest in the distribution business, so that may be spun off.

I must admit, if I were a shareholder, I'd be fairly annoyed with the way the business has been allowed to go, over the last decade or more - no sign of any real ambition, and a serious concentration risk by Relying so heavily on a drink that will icky do well during a good summer in Ireland and the UK.

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭mrskinner

In the rights issue now ongoing, C&C insist on sterling drafts if any investor living in Ireland wants to take up extra shares. Well done C&C for turning your back on your roots.

Advertisement