Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire Somewhere

Options
  • 04-06-2021 10:00pm

What's going on in Gracedieu/Hillview?

A few fire brigades up in Gracedieu.

Comments

What's going on in Gracedieu/Hillview?

A few fire brigades up in Gracedieu.

Some kids started a fire up those steps near Carn Glas. The fire brigade was up there putting it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Some kids started a fire up those steps near Carn Glas. The fire brigade was up there putting it out.

... again. Part of the reason I moved out. The skangers were endlessly setting fire to that area and the area of wasteland near the Mt Sion pitch. Shame, Carn Glas is otherwise nice and quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    ... again. Part of the reason I moved out. The skangers were endlessly setting fire to that area and the area of wasteland near the Mt Sion pitch. Shame, Carn Glas is otherwise nice and quiet.

I was lighting fires up there 50 years ago. It's traditional obviously. (There were no houses then though).

They have a great neighboruhood watch up around there. Gardaí are constantly doing spot checks.

You moved out of one of the safest parts of the city because the Gardai were constantly on the beat...

• Advertisement

You moved out of one of the safest parts of the city because the Gardai were constantly on the beat...

Yeah, I'm living in Carraig Heights and I love this part of town. It's great up here! I got for walks around here at all hours and never feel threatened.

Advertisement