Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Fire Somewhere

• 04-06-2021 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭ Hello 2D Person Below

What's going on in Gracedieu/Hillview?

A few fire brigades up in Gracedieu.

Comments

What's going on in Gracedieu/Hillview?

A few fire brigades up in Gracedieu.

Some kids started a fire up those steps near Carn Glas. The fire brigade was up there putting it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭ Quigs Snr

Some kids started a fire up those steps near Carn Glas. The fire brigade was up there putting it out.

... again. Part of the reason I moved out. The skangers were endlessly setting fire to that area and the area of wasteland near the Mt Sion pitch. Shame, Carn Glas is otherwise nice and quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭ killbillvol2

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    ... again. Part of the reason I moved out. The skangers were endlessly setting fire to that area and the area of wasteland near the Mt Sion pitch. Shame, Carn Glas is otherwise nice and quiet.

I was lighting fires up there 50 years ago. It's traditional obviously. (There were no houses then though).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭ Hello 2D Person Below

They have a great neighboruhood watch up around there. Gardaí are constantly doing spot checks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭ Hello 2D Person Below

You moved out of one of the safest parts of the city because the Gardai were constantly on the beat...

• Advertisement

You moved out of one of the safest parts of the city because the Gardai were constantly on the beat...

Yeah, I'm living in Carraig Heights and I love this part of town. It's great up here! I got for walks around here at all hours and never feel threatened.

Advertisement