Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

how far can you see your drives go?

• 04-06-2021 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

At the driving range I lose sight of the ball at around 190 yards or so, is this normal? I wish there were cameras around the 200 yard mark so that you could see on a screen how your drive ends up and what distance it goes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

You may need glasses. Half joking, but half serious. Other than very bad light, there really isn't ant reason you shouldn't be able to track the flight of a ball for it's full flight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭finglashoop

i can follow a ball probably about the same distance then lose sight.

i wear glasses for reading-tv- work computer but cant play golf wearing them as it brings the ball closer to me and throws me right out of sync altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭fungie

In my local driving range, I can't see a 4 iron onwards land but I've no problem following all shots on the course. I've always found it odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

fungie wrote: »
    In my local driving range, I can't see a 4 iron onwards land but I've no problem following all shots on the course. I've always found it odd.

I'm the same. I've always wondered was it something to do with the balls at the range

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭fungie

Rikand wrote: »
    I'm the same. I've always wondered was it something to do with the balls at the range

I think it's to do with the large flat open field. On the course you can use trees etc to help get your bearings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,092 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

All the 320 yards carry

• Registered Users Posts: 20,712 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

PARlance wrote: »
    All the 320 yards carry

At least 280 . Till it hits trees at back of range.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Cooled1

fungie wrote: »

Yeah I normally find it much easier to see where the ball ends up on a golf course too. Maybe at the range all the different flags and targets get in the way, with other peoples shots also creating a distraction.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

My eyesight isn't great but I can still see the full flight for all clubs including the driver, even those times when they land at the 180 yard marker

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

Not half far enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Cooled1

Will they ever invent a golf ball you can track on your phone?!

Advertisement