Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike insurance.

Options
  • 04-06-2021 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭

Hi

I had my cargo bike insured on my house insurance and that covered it being stolen outside home. I moved to an apartment and the only place I can store my cargo now is underground car park. Just had a chat with the same insurer to see if this could be covered on the apartment insurance and "due to new qualifying criteria" they are not able to offer the insurance at all on the bike of this value.

Any recommendations of bike insurance that perhaps would cover it in my new living arrangement.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭mh_cork

Someone asked this recently, you could search the thread.

Unless its very secure and / or the car-park is shared only by a few I think its a matter of if and not when the bike is tampered with. Currently there is a massive shortage of bike components (shifters, derailleurs, etc). It would only take someone with basic tools a few minutes to take these components off of a bike.

This doesnt answer the original question on insurance, but for these reasons any insurance might be too expensive. Check the exclusions, t&c, excess, etc. For example, does it cover for damage done by attempted theft, or for stolen components.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭omri

Looks like Bikmo.ie might be an option although expensive but they seem to be fair enough in their t&c's.

Advertisement