Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A/C and heating combo

Options
  • 03-06-2021 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭

Wondering if anyone here installed something like this.
    You can get them with 3 or 4 internal units also, could do all bedrooms upstairs.
    I know A/C in Ireland :D but better to use the power than export it and in theory the heating part can be used in the colder months (the ones with some sun at least) since I think the heating was on later this year.
    The outside unit seems to be a heat pump though and they are known to not last long

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭lightson

I’ve been looking into those. Air to air heat pumps. Also called air conditioners although some are designed to be more efficient at lower temp for heating. Suspect the real cheap models won’t last so long and hard to fix get parts. Think more popular in other parts of world. Contemplating Diy. But also waiting on a quote. Just after one unit for easy efficient quick heat stove to do the rest when needed in the deep of winter. Makes sense to me but not so common hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭dermotx

I'm thinking of doing the same thing. They seem easy enough to install and very cheap if you do it yourself. you just need to purchase a vacuum pump and a few bit and pieces in addition to the outside and inside units. I'm thinking mini-split ductless.

Did you proceed with the project and if so how did you get on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Wouldn't DIY this myself and hard to find installers for it.

Still interested in it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭micks_address

i got a quote recently which was north of 10k for daikin multi plus which had 3 air units and a hot water tank.. for grant you need a heat loss of less than 2 and you need to remove your existing heating source.. gas etc.. i was hoping id be able to keep the gas, get the air to air with grant and add more to it over the next year or so and scale down the gas usage.. wouldnt want to remove the gas immediately

Advertisement