Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSPaint Your House

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,108 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Mine's purple.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,718 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Trigger wrote: »
    Even worse some of them support Arsenal!
    HastyUnripeFlies-size_restricted.gif

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I like chocolate, but if it came down to it I'd pick a crisp over a chocolate almost every day of the week. Savoury > Sweet for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭nothing

o1s1n wrote: »

I absolutely demolish the stuff. Doesn't matter what kind. Can't really have any in the house or I'll just eat it all and I'd end up the size of a house.

Can confirm, am currently house sized!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭nothing

It's not just Paint. Some FG Sheepers have blue or red phone covers. Psychopaths

Mine is blue, as close to tardis blue as I could find without it being branded

• Advertisement

nothing wrote: »
    1472034056-psychopath.gif

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

nothing wrote: »

m4qcipts6m331.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

I don't like tea.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

I don't like tea.

Either do I.
    Yes I am a weirdo!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I don't like tea as well

• Advertisement

All this talk of tea...haz cuppa.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,028 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

looksee wrote: »
    Mine's purple.

You called...

To thine own self be true

All this talk of tea and chocolates, has someone been snooping in my cupboards?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I don't like tea.

I like tea, and coffee.. and I've had about 5 cups of each today.. stupid kids!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,453 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

I sent the paint to Ode to Joy yesterday (there's no pressure to reply immediately, btw)...but noted, they haven't been on boards since asking to participate 3 weeks ago. I hope EE is ok.

Who figured out the Ode to Joy? Its obvious once its pointed out!

Who figured out the Ode to Joy? Its obvious once its pointed out!

The resident Nitwit in a previous Paint game

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=114092215

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Deja Boo wrote: »
    I sent the paint to Ode to Joy yesterday (there's no pressure to reply immediately, btw)...but noted, they haven't been on boards since asking to participate 3 weeks ago. I hope EE is ok.

Id say set a time for yourself to allow them reply and if they dont turn to a backup / plan b (if you have one)?

Baggly wrote: »
    Id say set a time for yourself to allow them reply and if they dont turn to a backup / plan b (if you have one)?

I haven't done my Othering yet, so could easily fill in if Ode doesn't show up

Trigger wrote: »
    The resident Nitwit in a previous Paint game

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=114092215
    Ha ha, cheers Trig! Even I didn't know it was me :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,453 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Baggly wrote: »
    Good idea :)

I suppose the standard 48 hours, for a pm reply...
    I haven't done my Othering yet, so could easily fill in if Ode doesn't show up

Sounds like a plan :) I shall pm you about this time tomorrow, if we don't hear from EE by then. Thanks aaron :)

I'm musically illiterate so had to have the man himself explain it:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114095671&postcount=135

I genuinely have no comprehension of how someone could look at that series of letters and come up with Ode to Joy. It's not like another language to me. It's like a whole other sense which I clearly don't have.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

quickbeam wrote: »
    I'm musically illiterate so had to have the man himself explain it:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114095671&postcount=135

I genuinely have no comprehension of how someone could look at that series of letters and come up with Ode to Joy. It's not like another language to me. It's like a whole other sense which I clearly don't have.

I did music for my JC and loved it.

One of the favourite things to do back then was to see how many words I could make only using music notes. The one I was most proud of, which was the lowest scorer in a round on Pointless, was CABBAGE.

Sometimes I would "sing" the word in my head. Other times I would "sing" songs based on their musical notes. I am a strange individual.

I am, sadly, musically incompetent. I sing like a crow and can only, if pushed, pick out a few notes with one finger. I did spend a couple of years of my childhood trying to learn to play the piano/accordion and as a result of that can just about identify a tune by reading the notes. Provided they are easy ones and not chords :D. I would love to be able to sing.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

I am, sadly, musically incompetent. I sing like a crow and can only, if pushed, pick out a few notes with one finger. I did spend a couple of years of my childhood trying to learn to play the piano/accordion and as a result of that can just about identify a tune by reading the notes. Provided they are easy ones and not chords :D. I would love to be able to sing.

Oh I can't *sing*. Only in my head. I don't play any instrument but if I am given one I can pick out notes and play songs by ear. On a guitar I can play using only one string (no chords) and same for the keyboard/piano. I would need to refresh my memory of reading music, but it was my best subject at junior cert.

Yeah, I can’t sing and wouldn’t know an instrument being out of tune or not. I tried learning the guitar but it was a hopeless case when I couldn’t even tune it even with one of those electric gizmos that’s meant to help.

I can tell that two notes sound different but they are as different from each other as a note on one octave is from the same note an octave higher.

sullivlo wrote: »
    Oh I can't *sing*. Only in my head. I don't play any instrument but if I am given one I can pick out notes and play songs by ear. On a guitar I can play using only one string (no chords) and same for the keyboard/piano. I would need to refresh my memory of reading music, but it was my best subject at junior cert.

You still thought Ode to Joy was obvious when pointed out. To me, I still don’t really have a clue what anyone of you are talking about. Like, intellectually, I get it, but it certainly isn’t obvious even now.

I can't sing.. but that doesn't stop me!

Expecting perfection
    Leaves a lot to endure
    When the past is the present
    And the future's no more
    When every tomorrow
    Is the same as before

Doesn’t stop me either. :pac: Though in traffic I’d be rolling up the windows so nobody can hear me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Neowise

quickbeam wrote: »
    You still thought Ode to Joy was obvious when pointed out. To me, I still don’t really have a clue what anyone of you are talking about. Like, intellectually, I get it, but it certainly isn’t obvious even now.

Go to online piano and turn on 'letter notes' then tap out E-E-F-G-G-F-E-D-C-C-D-E-E-D-D
    the only keys required are E and the two keys above and below E. use the e close to the center of the keyboard, but it doesn't matter which E you use really, just that the other letters tapped are the ones closest to that E.

then listen to ode to joy,

then go back to online piano and tap out E-E-F-G-G-F-E-D-C-C-D-E-E-D-D again.

you'll hear it, then you'll know.

Advertisement