Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cleaning PV panels

Options
  • 01-06-2021 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭

What are you guys using to clean the PV panels against bird strikes.
    I know the rain cleans etc but sometime it takes ages and these panels are on my shed so I can easily get to them from a ladder.
    One of these should do it in my mind, just put the hose at the end of it and work away.
    There's a few cowboy prices for the ones labelled for PV but it's just a brush in the end.

Any reasons to not do it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭mp3guy

That's what I use.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,762 ✭✭✭✭unkel

SD_DRACULA wrote: »
    Any reasons to not do it?

The only two reasons I could think of for doing it are if either you have observed decreased output or if you don't like the look of them dirty

The output of my panels seems fine, so the rain must do a good job. I don't bother cleaning them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Yeah, wouldn't have affected the output just annoying as I'm wfh all the time and I always see that outside my office window.
    Can't see the ones on the house but probably the same, it's those damn seagulls.

Advertisement