Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Toyota Camry hybrid query

• 31-05-2021 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭ banjobongo

hi guys
    I have a quick query for anybody that knows about the Toyota Camry hybrid car. Im looking at buying a 2nd hand one, a 2013 reg (Japanese import) and the guy in the dealership thinks that the back seats cant be folded flat...Id be surprised if he was correct, surely this is a common feature in all saloons or am I wrong...I gave it a quick google and all the hits said you could, so Im hoping somebody here has a car like this and can advise me if its possible?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭ Buffman

They mustn't have much interest in selling it to you if the dealer can't be bothered to get up off his hole and check it properly for you!

To answer your question, page 65 of the owners manual says they do fold down.

https://www.toyota.com/owners/resources/warranty-owners-manuals/camry/2013

• Registered Users Posts: 73,710 ✭✭✭✭ Atlantic Dawn

On the hybrid the seats don't fold down as the hybrid battery is held between the back seats and bootspace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭ banjobongo

thanks Atlantic Dawn - if you are correct this is a pity, I was pretty keen on the car but this would be a big issue for me, transporting bikes etc I find it very handy to be able to fold the rear seats down and have always had cars with this feature....

Advertisement