Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friday Night at the Morgue: The Late Late Show Off Season Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

At this difficult time for all us, we need to remember that football has a habit of not actually coming home as predicted

Allez Denmark and/or Italy and Spain

• Registered Users Posts: 71,858 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Well done to England, in fairness.

I’m just glad that era of what I call ‘Stupid England’ is - thankfully - over.

That era of Gazza’s Dentist Chair, Footballers Wives, Zoo and Nuts Magazine with Lucy Pinder and Michelle Marsh (especially now that female pundits are on the Beeb), Bell and Spurling and terrible novelty songs in general - we have thankfully moved on.

Southgate has shown great class, manners and professionalism that you never would have seen circa the turn of the millenium.

I genuinely wish them well in the tournament, don’t know what you Irish think :D

I genuinely wish them well in the tournament, don’t know what you Irish think :D

Gareth Southgate's people stole Trevelyan's Corn from us, though :pac:

I sort of wished them well in the Football until recently but the Brexit fallout turned me against them

Skid X wrote: »
    Gareth Southgate's people stole Trevelyan's Corn from us, though :pac:

I sort of wished them well in the Football until recently but the Brexit fallout turned me against them

175 years of hurt, never stopped me dreaming.

#letitgo :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,582 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Well done to England, in fairness.

That era of Gazza’s Dentist Chair, Footballers Wives, Zoo and Nuts Magazine with Lucy Pinder and Michelle Marsh (especially now that female pundits are on the Beeb), Bell and Spurling and terrible novelty songs in general - we have thankfully moved on.

Southgate has shown great class, manners and professionalism that you never would have seen circa the turn of the millenium.

Watch the Peter Crouch yoke.

That's enough for me to pick sides.

• Advertisement

Ireland's Richlist is being heavily advertised on RTE at the minute.

What's the point of gaudy sh1te like that.

Yeah, I have to admit I saw that ad and immediately thought what the f*ck is this bòllocks?

If you ever say ‘it’s coming home’ to me again, I’ll put your head through the wall.

fin-4-752x501.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Ah yes, "cool Brittania".

5e749f6627155.image.jpg?crop=650%2C650%2C175%2C0&resize=1200%2C1200&order=crop%2Cresize

Ooh, they are putting us on lockdown tomorrow for a short while until the new "improved" Boards.ie is launched

Further to our post on 1st June that we were moving platform - we really are moving platform this week :pac:

As you know we had a bit of a hiccup in June and took some extra time to work on some issues in the background.

The site will go read-only from tomorrow Wednesday 7th July at 6am until some time on Thursday 8th July while all of our site data is transferred to the new platform. It may spill over into Friday as other work has to be completed once the transfer is done and before we can open the site back up to posts again.

We are under no illusions that the new version of the site will be perfect, it won't be. We expect that you guys will discover issues that we didn't see. Some things will just work a little differently to what you are used to, otherwise it will more or less be the same.

Once we get any teething issues sorted out we're excited to see how we can update the site with new additions and features. You can go back to my earlier post here for details on what will be new after the move.

Hopefully nothing too discussion-worthy happens when we're read-only! :eek:

Thanks all!

I am confident that everything will go smoothly and there will be universal acclaim for the new look Boards

frank-drebin-nothing-to-see.gif?w=634

How's everyone doing?

The new layout will take a while to get used to.

Everything has moved and it is frustrating

At this difficult time it is important not to forget that Football didn't actually come home

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,936 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

So far it's hard to find stuff on the site, the old site wasn't without flaws but at least it was more functional, hopefully they'll tweak it.

If they sorted the sluggishness, and made it actually possible to navigate, I'd live with it.

HELLO?

IS ANYONE THERE?

I THINK I'M POSTING ON BOARDS BUT NOT SURE

CAN YOU HEAR ME?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭brian_t

Starting next Saturday at 9.35pm.

The Heart of Saturday Night

Una Healy and Loah introduce musical performances by some of the country's finest performers, inlcuding Gavin James, Kodaline, Lyra, Joseph O'Connor, Gavin James and Loah. Plus, Thin Lizzy frontman Phil Lynott is remembered.

I hear you sir, and I think I'm quoting you in my reply.

I used to be with ‘it’, but then they changed what ‘it’ was. Now what I’m with isn’t ‘it’ anymore and what’s ‘it’ seems weird and scary. It’ll happen to you!

I miss proper emoticons.

:(

The Blues Brothers just started on RTE1

I'd be happy if they showed that every single Friday night from September to May at 9.35pm

Instead of which we get the Blues Brother. Mr. Fun, the CancerMan.

‘Ek Tha Tiger’ currently showing on Sony SAB.

Hands down, my favourite Bollywood Movie involving an action scene on the Luas!

https://streamable.com/lvede

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,936 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Only know of that film's existence because of this Reddit thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

In the South Park about the fish sticks joke, the joke makes it into the mainstream and do a brilliant pisstake of Leno using it in a monologue:)

This is rather odd, In 1988 American Talk Show host Phil Donahue hosts a special from Manchester where the cast of Cheers meets the cast of Coronation Street. Ken Barlow and Woody Harrelson together at last.

There appears to be no reason for this apart from both shows having pubs in them.

No-one has seen each others show and Frasier had not yet met Daphne who could have acted as an interpreter in this bizarre programme.

I expect the "back in fighting form with the best season yet" puff piece to hit the newstands any day now!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

He has a brass neck continuing to claim it's going to be the best season yet, when it's actually been getting worse every year for about a decade.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

What date is it back? I need my fix of Nathan and Jake Carter, its been two months now since they were on RTE, unacceptable

No Up For The Match tonight 😔

Hahaha very good.

(Yes, I checked for Up For The Match earlier. Yes, I was cross it wasn't on. And yes, I tell people how much I like hurling more than I actually watch it.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I sent that to an English friend of mine who hates the GAA and specially "Up for the match".

His wife and mother in law are devoted Donegal football fans. He reckons the only peace he gets is when they go away to a match.

Advertisement