Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pv output

Options
  • 26-05-2021 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭

Hi
    Recently got in a 2.5kw system ssw facing just curious as to what the maximum output should be, I have seen 2317 as the best. Is that correct ? Talking to installer on day he was gave me impression it should peak output higher than rating of 2.5 kw maybe i took him up wrong.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭drdidlittle

raytaxi wrote: »
    Hi
    Recently got in a 2.5kw system ssw facing just curious as to what the maximum output should be, I have seen 2317 as the best. Is that correct ? Talking to installer on day he was gave me impression it should peak output higher than rating of 2.5 kw maybe i took him up wrong.:)

Depends....
    Hot sunny days your system probably will not reach your maximum panel value. They lose efficiency with temperature. But on days where you have sunny spells through the cloud I've seen my 4.2kw panels reach just short of 5kw. But this is peak value. Drops off very quickly to close to the 4.2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

Solar as a service company?

If so I have a 2.5kWp from them, maxes out at 2320W no matter how sunny or hot/cold it is.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Hi

On cooler days with intermittent cloud and bursts of strong sun you should be maxing those panels just above 2.5

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭kabakuyu

My 2.55 system sometimes maxes out briefly at 2.77 when the conditions are right,ie.sudden bursts of sunshine.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,280 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

You should definitely be getting more power than 2.5.

I regularly get over 100%. Maxed out at 107%,but I'm only up and running a few weeks. This would be approx 2.67 on your system OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭raytaxi

Sorry for lack of reply, been busy with work. I have mine about a month now and has never gone above 2310 since install is solar as a service. But that's checking on sems portal or is there another way to check ? In fairness over 360kWh since install best ever day was 16.4 I'll not mention worse days lol not anyones fault on Irish weather :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

Sorry for lack of reply, been busy with work. I have mine about a month now and has never gone above 2310 since install is solar as a service. But that's checking on sems portal or is there another way to check ? In fairness over 360kWh since install best ever day was 16.4 I'll not mention worse days lol not anyones fault on Irish weather :-)

Sems portal is the only way I know. Even if you crawl into the attic space you'll only see the same readings that are exposed via sems anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭raytaxi

I will keep eye on sems portal to see if it goes over the 2.3kw, in fairness can't complain I have broke 300kw for month. My estimated output from quote is 260kw from a 2.16 with a yearly generation of 1938 and since install I have 380kW.

Advertisement