Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving From South Dublin to North (Swords)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Confused as to why the OP thinks Marino - beside Fairview home of Dracula and Westwoods 50 meter pool - is on the southside???? Not much hope for him/her!!!! Geography fail much!!!

OP - why not look at some of the large build, private established estates in Kinsealy? Not in Swords but within a 10 or 15 minute drive of the Pavillions & Cinema, mostly large solid semi-D’s with far bigger gardens and rooms than you’d get in a new build in the massive pot luck and sprawl of Swords.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Confused as to why the OP thinks Marino - beside Fairview home of Dracula and Westwoods 50 meter pool - is on the southside???? Not much hope for him/her!!!! Geography fail much!!!

Reading comprehension fail much? The OP doesn't live in Marino, they said they were brought up there. If you had read the thread, instead nit-picking them based on your incorrect reading of their post, you would see they actually live near Griffith college.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

OP - why not look at some of the large build, private established estates in Kinsealy? Not in Swords but within a 10 or 15 minute drive of the Pavillions & Cinema, mostly large solid semi-D’s with far bigger gardens and rooms than you’d get in a new build in the massive pot luck and sprawl of Swords.

Kinsealy is just a bunch of new-build houses with zero amenities and a drive away from everywhere. The houses are lovely but I'd much rather be in Swords where there's a bit of life going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭DarraghR

So just a bit of an update on the location and how we both feel about moving there. The distance is a bit of a killer and I love the South side but Swords is still developing and growing so happy out now. Hopefully more transport will extend out too that area over time.

We have come across a couple of things with the house that need fixing before we proceed further but we are now at sale agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

DarraghR wrote: »
    So just a bit of an update on the location and how we both feel about moving there. The distance is a bit of a killer and I love the South side but Swords is still developing and growing so happy out now. Hopefully more transport will extend out too that area over time.

We have come across a couple of things with the house that need fixing before we proceed further but we are now at sale agreed.

Congratulations and welcome back to the Northside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭DarraghR

Haha thanks but still a bit to go. Our original mortgage advisor left and the new one assigned is terrible. Very unapproachable and sounds pretty disorganized. Total opposites. Fingers crossed we get it over the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Just going to bump this, I'm looking at buying in Swords, specifically in Boroimhe. Any opinions on the area? Is it safe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭SharkMX

I would go with anywhere in Swords from Applewood to Boroimhe and anything in between. Anything outside those two is very far out. I used to live in Applewood and you could walk to Swords main street in 20 mins. Its about a mile in old money. Really liked living in Applewood.

I lived in Hollywell for about a year also and I think its a horrible lifeless place. Its probably the only part of Swords I would avoid if looking at buying there. Horrible desolate place Makes me feel like im experience a russian winter whenever im in it :).

You can get buses into the city center from anywhere in Swords nowadays.

And if you are going to the airport you will wake up the morning of your flight and be so happy you live in Swords. Taxi drivers will hate you for that though, so put them on mute.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Why bump a 3 year old thread that was resolved? Just wasted 10 mins of my time...👍👍

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭antimatterx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Yeh. There is. 🤘

Advertisement