Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2FM: Breakfast with Doireann Garrihy, Donncha O'Callaghan and Carl Mullan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

He's a sickener.

I'm sure plenty influencers online did the same yet it doesn't mean they should be getting tax payers money.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

How do you mean Source please?

JNLR figures show 2fm's smaller audiences (this might change who knows)

While every RTÉ Annual Report shows support for 2FM from the license fee at around €4 to 5m since at lease 2011 might be 2012!

I have no problem with Mullen but as pointed out (I think on this thread or perhaps on another) Today FM pretty much axed a huge number of their DJs when the audiences started dropping, 2fm are very slow to make these decisions. Tubs spend 5 years on the station before they reshuffled, as did the westlife guy, neither were setting the world on fire at 2fm.

Reasons for shuffles in 2fm.... oh well maybe that would be to dark.... okay I will say it .... a bloody Westlife reunion!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭flazio

[deleted post, too ranty ]

Post edited by flazio on

Look at Louise McSharry and Chris and Ciara, they were given a Monday to Friday evening show back in 2014, the idea was that they would bring evening youth listening back to the glory days of the hotline era, Instead they had almost no listeners, Chris and Ciara only had 3k listeners in one jnlr, that's basically one person said they listen, So 2fm then go and shoehorn them into weekend daytime slots rather than let them go and I bet the 3 of them didn't get a pay cut either.

what's is boards for but for a good keyboard warrioring rant :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Kilkennyguy5

Listened to this a few times going home from a night shift,truly dreadful stuff.There's no need whatsoever for 3 presenters,complete overkill but at least Carl has some idea of what he's supposed to be doing.Donnacha is like a kid who's had too much Fanta and Doireann is really irritating with her continuous switching into some kind of 'culchie' accent.Twink did it years ago on 'Play the game'.....if all else fails put on the culchie accent,sure that'll get some laughs.It's the switching accents that bothers me,is she a presenter or impressionist?...They're prob all likeable off the air but a travesty that they get paid for this tripe.

Bland stuff but why do people expect it to be any good? It's for kids.

Hey, if you don't like Doireann they could always ask Lottie Ryan back. 😉

So yesterday that guy that shall remain nameless here on boards was replaced on another show in Oz, and there's no reporting on it! I am even afraid to mention that here! what's going on?

He is of course entitled to a private life, but I'm hearing he's not well at the moment. Probably best we leave him in peace now he's off our payroll.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭CptMonkey

It’s a fairly poor show. That being said a lot of the morning radio offerings at the minute are of similar quality. Must be hard for people who studied and they see rugby players etc getting gigs ahead of them

That is true, I think? Not sure about that! but even if it is the case ....not to report on another comic/actor from Ireland getting that gig..... I think he's Irish not sure could just happen to have the same name as an Irish comic/actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭radiotrickster

I saw a guy posting on a Facebook group this week saying he was looking to get into radio. You’d almost feel like telling him to get famous by doing something else and then go to radio, haha

• Registered Users Posts: 20 floppylaces

Carl Mullan studied, he has posted about being on college radio. Yet most people will complain about him getting the gig as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭Expunge

Ha, it sounds like he's still on College radio - just a much much more expensive version.

Tick Tock, Mr. Healy. Time is running out for your 'revolution'. It's a disaster that smells of poo.

Even the unfocused mess that is Lyric FM has a larger market share at the weekend.

I expect we'll hear soon enough that Dan is leaving RTE to pursue exciting new opportunities!

It's hard to believe but he's been head of 2fm for 8 and a half years now, that's almost as long as Bill O'Donovan and John Clarke had the job. I'm surprised that he hasn't been reassigned to some other department in RTE by now, the cost of 2fm to the tax payer has ballooned under his watch and to think he was hired to make 2fm profitable again.

If rugby stars don't work, there's always comedians. Look at Dermot Whelan, PJ Gallagher, Bernard O'Shea and Jennifer Zampereli.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,102 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Doireann Garrihy slept in for work this morning, I kid you not.

Sack her and bring back Lottie Ryan straight away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

how many times has this happened in radio over the years?.

an old publicity stunt favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Stoolie

Had the misfortune to listen briefly today . Good Lord above. I will never get that time again . Inane stuff . The rugby fella must have taken way too many blows to the head and I hope yer wan played rugby as well . It would be an excuse at least !!! Appalling is way too kind

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Manta400r

I like Carl's content on Instagram, he's a funny guy....

But my god it's the worst show on radio. That Doireann sickens my hole trying to be funny and Donncha is the most boring voice ever.

RTE scraping the barrel here. Thankfully haven't listened in ages!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭Rfrip

they are getting great mileage out of the Toblerones in fairness to them

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Muller1991

Seriously ? Must be at least a month ago since the incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭RCK1

Post edited by RCK1 on

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Still stihl waters 3

It's fuckin **** and they're pretty much unemployable anywhere else but rte, I could go on but that sums it up for me, rte are a disgrace to be giving leeches and wannabes jobs because of who they are.

Post edited by Still stihl waters 3 on

• Registered Users Posts: 33,102 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Exactly.

I thought Donncha was a legend as a rugby player, but what qualifies him to be a host of a radio morning show, which he is clearly out of his depth in? He isn't naturally funny or slick off the cuff, and he is poor at it, but will retain the job because he is a 'celeb'.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

What's Doireann on about here? She must be getting worried that impressions are going to be cancelled.

And who gives a shite about Flack who was a domestic abuser!

• Advertisement

As a suicide survivor myself, I kindly request everyone remember where their heart is before responding.

Advertisement