Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Illegal, or not?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    As far as I know it's a legal requirement for anyone working with children or volunteering with children

In many cases yes, but not all. Childminding or an individual providing private tuition would be examples of cases which are largely outside the scope of the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Pringles123

SoulWriter, thanks so much for that.
    This person has opened a 'school', and claims to be qualified, to deliver quality lessons. And worse, is claiming that others employed by him to deliver similar have qualifications when they do not. In fact, the website states that they have degrees, when one 'teacher' has only completed the LC last year. What a joke!The entire community here is completely hoodwinked into paying for what they believe is a quality service.

If it is a private type school that has students full time during the day and is following the irish curriculum than it is open to inspection by the department of education and i would contact them.

If its a grinds school I dont know how much options there are. People often pay college students for extra tuition knowing theyre not teachers.

Advertisement