Advertisement
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Glass Balustrade on Patio

• 23-05-2021 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭ AidenL

We are thinking of semi enclosing our patio area by building a 1m high stone faced wall around it, and then erecting a 1m high glass balustrade on top of the wall, either pillarless, which I understand is more expensive, or with stainless pillars which is a bit cheaper.

We would need about 25 linear meters.

Anyone have a budget cost per m, supplied and fitted. It seems to be around 500 euros from what I have researched so far, I’m awaiting two quotes.

Any tips or advice I should watch out for when doing this?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 31,245 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Gumbo

AidenL wrote: »
    We are thinking of semi enclosing our patio area by building a 1m high stone faced wall around it, and then erecting a 1m high glass balustrade on top of the wall, either pillarless, which I understand is more expensive, or with stainless pillars which is a bit cheaper.

We would need about 25 linear meters.

Anyone have a budget cost per m, supplied and fitted. It seems to be around 500 euros from what I have researched so far, I’m awaiting two quotes.

Any tips or advice I should watch out for when doing this?

No idea on cost.
    Tips/advice.

Be aware of your planning height restrictions.
    Be aware of the building regulations, particularly Part K and the type of glazing used. Also Part A as the glazed screen has to be secured correctly and also allow for wind loading etc

Advertisement