Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Navy pilots describe encounters with UFOs - 60 minutes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,281 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

What is their motive?

to facilitate an intergalactic highway construction project

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Faulty camera or sensors?

Seriously, with all the HD, 4K, live stream tech, why are these things blurry as fcuk!

I guess we'll all have a better understanding of what's going on in just a few days time .....

When the report is released to Congress.

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Fred Cryton

Seriously, with all the HD, 4K, live stream tech, why are these things blurry as fcuk!

The opposite is the case, the cameras are incredibly powerful its just they are capturing objects a great distance and running at incredible speeds.

What's interesting about these Navy cases is you have four separate people (2 in each plane) witnessing the same thing. Now its hard to think of a motivation to make four experienced Navy pilots lie about the same thing.

In addition the sensors on both planes picked up the objects. AND the ground based radar picked them up.

That's about 6 or 7 different independent sources, some human and some non-human. This story is not going away.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,281 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

The opposite is the case, the cameras are incredibly powerful its just they are capturing objects a great distance and running at incredible speeds.

What's interesting about these Navy cases is you have four separate people (2 in each plane) witnessing the same thing. Now its hard to think of a motivation to make four experienced Navy pilots lie about the same thing.

In addition the sensors on both planes picked up the objects. AND the ground based radar picked them up.

That's about 6 or 7 different independent sources, some human and some non-human. This story is not going away.

Not saying anyone is lying, there'd be zero point in that and possible careers problems for those who spoke out about it. I'm still thinking it's advanced Russian or Chinese Drone tech launched from a sub.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,172 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Why do you think that they are making it up?

What is their motive?

Because what they are alleging they saw goes beyond the laws of physics and somehow it’s only American pilots that are seeing this stuff. The most logical explanation at the moment is that the videos are faked and the pilots are lying because they were ordered to and until we see more evidence from a different source that remains the most logical explanation. I don’t know their motives.

Why do you believe what they say without question?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,286 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

MadYaker wrote: »
    Because what they are alleging they saw goes beyond the laws of physics and somehow it’s only American pilots that are seeing this stuff. The most logical explanation at the moment is that the videos are faked and the pilots are lying because they were ordered to and until we see more evidence from a different source that remains the most logical explanation. I don’t know their motives.

Is that really the most logical explanation?

Is that really the most logical explanation?

To my mind yes, you think aircraft that defy the laws of physics is a more logical explanation?

Why do you think no other pilots from any other countries are talking about seeing anything? Why is it only the Americans?

To my mind yes, you think aircraft that defy the laws of physics is a more logical explanation?
    The laws of physics as we understand them. Or perhaps misinterpretation of the underlying data.
    Why do you think no other pilots from any other countries are talking about seeing anything? Why is it only the Americans?
    If you are referring to military pilots perhaps their countries have banned them from doing so?
    Jumping straight to "they must be lying under orders" is a bit previous.

One example .....

https://news.sky.com/story/japanese-military-given-instructions-on-ufos-12072428

The laws of physics as we understand them. Or perhaps misinterpretation of the underlying data.

If you are referring to military pilots perhaps their countries have banned them from doing so?
    Jumping straight to "they must be lying under orders" is a bit previous.

I don’t believe our fundamental understanding of the universe is flawed and it’s going to take more than some grainy videos and testimony that can’t be verified or cross checked to take me down that road.

The US government has a long history of lying through its teeth and orchestrating all kinds of conspiracies. Why is this not one of them?

• Advertisement

Did you read the article? There’s no new evidence there at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

I don’t believe our fundamental understanding of the universe is flawed and it’s going to take more than some grainy videos and testimony that can’t be verified or cross checked to take me down that road.

The US government has a long history of lying through its teeth and orchestrating all kinds of conspiracies. Why is this not one of them?

paranoid much?

you ignored where i said it could also have been misinterpretation of the data. UFO proponents get stick for making very definitive statements based on very flimsy data and rightly so. You are doing the same.

there is a whole forum for that.

you ignored where i said it could also have been misinterpretation of the data. UFO proponents get stick for making very definitive statements based on very flimsy data and rightly so. You are doing the same.

there is a whole forum for that.

I didn't miss it. A misinterpretation of the data makes 2 assumptions, 1: that the data is real and not fabricated (I don't believe it is) and 2: that all the professionals who have analysed this data over many years (some of these videos are 15 years old) have all gotten it completely wrong, I don't think that's logical either.

I'm not making statements based on any data, I'm saying the data is probably not real and to believe that it is is an assumption based on nothing and until we see similar from another source (non US military ally) that imo is the most logical explanation here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Well I don't but I don't dismiss them either given the dearth of information and the lack of clear motive to lie.

You don't have to either believe something or not in fact I would say most things are in the grey area. There's not absolutes truths for us mere mortals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

well the guys who spoke about it on the 60 mins vid have said that they have seen other very clear nearby encounters. I would think they have to balance what they report as if they release too much too soon, they risk societal collapse...as people beliefs/religions etc may be doubted, people may crack up

LillySV wrote: »
    well the guys who spoke about it on the 60 mins vid have said that they have seen other very clear nearby encounters. I would think they have to balance what they report as if they release too much too soon, they risk societal collapse...as people beliefs/religions etc may be doubted, people may crack up

Ah I don't think it would bring about total chaos if it was confirmed to aliens or whatever, some religious people would go nuts but most of them are nuttier than squirrels already. We will see what the American government release in their report this month but id really like to see more videos and pilot interviews from a non US source.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

Ah I don't think it would bring about total chaos if it was confirmed to aliens or whatever, some religious people would go nuts but most of them are nuttier than squirrels already. We will see what the American government release in their report this month but id really like to see more videos and pilot interviews from a non US source.

if peoples beliefs and vision of reality were drastically changed overnite , the world could crumble....so they have to be safe with how they release the info. look at how people reacted in march 2020 ffs...u couldnt buy toilet roll or beans as loads went out and bought large amounts!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,688 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

maccored wrote: »
    paranoid much?

Is it really ultra paranoid from that poster? You only have to read the CIA'S own declassified documents to see that various US Governments have been involved in unsavoury practices over the past few decades. So who is to say this isn't just a smokescreen for a ultra secretive unit within the US Military that is testing out advanced technologies it wishes to keep from its rivals. It's just as likely, if not more so, than the explanation that it's aliens.

If it is Aliens, why are they seemingly obsessed with America? If it was the case that other countries were being visited by aliens too, it would likely leak out regardless of what other nations did to suppress it

Pre Report Update, and it seems they're still baffled as to what they are and where they come from.

https://www.rte.ie/news/newslens/2021/0604/1225965-ufos/

Official UFO Governmental report due out within the next week or two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Is it really ultra paranoid from that poster? You only have to read the CIA'S own declassified documents to see that various US Governments have been involved in unsavoury practices over the past few decades. So who is to say this isn't just a smokescreen for a ultra secretive unit within the US Military that is testing out advanced technologies it wishes to keep from its rivals. It's just as likely, if not more so, than the explanation that it's aliens.

If it is Aliens, why are they seemingly obsessed with America? If it was the case that other countries were being visited by aliens too, it would likely leak out regardless of what other nations did to suppress it

who mentioned aliens?

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Wedwood

One possibility is they are actually American cutting edge tech being tested against their own regular navy/airforce. Having their own military staff publicly guessing is a clever way to confuse/misdirect the Russians/Chinese and the public.

Also explains why these objects are usually sighted around US and Nato countries/installations, or out at sea. Also explains why public sightings are usually in rural/remote locations.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,694 ✭✭✭buried

maccored wrote: »
    who mentioned aliens?

Barack Obama

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 9,694 ✭✭✭buried

Exactly this. It's akin to some local degenerate criminal not only known, but literally proven to be involved in ultra-violence, mass murder, house invasion, house destruction and actually psychological torture on their own people to now come along and say that they have proof of ghosts outside their garden. But if you don't believe him, then you must be either paranoid or a fool.
    F**king laughable stuff.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

Wedwood wrote: »
    One possibility is they are actually American cutting edge tech being tested against their own regular navy/airforce. Having their own military staff publicly guessing is a clever way to confuse/misdirect the Russians/Chinese and the public.

Also explains why these objects are usually sighted around US and Nato countries/installations, or out at sea. Also explains why public sightings are usually in rural/remote locations.

Doesn't explain Mach 13, doesn't explain going from 80k feet altitude down to sea level & back up in a couple of seconds, doesn't explain turning "like a ping pong ball hitting a wall" .....

The only reason this whole story has got to this point is because we know it cannot simply be advanced US craft, it's just too advanced :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Cheerful S

Healthy suspicion about this topic and I understand it and have noticed some people comment why this news only coming from the Americans now. To be honest I feel these people are new to the topic.

This is an international experience and many governments across the world, studied the subject matter for decades.

Reason people have taken notice- US cable media woken up that there are physical events happening in the sky, currently unexplainable. Not well known outside of Ufology circles, the French government compiled- the Cometa UFO report, 1978, chronicled the phenomenon in the country, and documented UFO encounters with the French airforce. Many governments ministries have similar like reports but you have to be in that world of debate to know it exists.

French one here if interested.

https://www.narcap.de/dokumente/COMETA-Report-englisch.pdf

Fox News has a higher quality bitrate video of Chad Underwood UFO.

Took a screenshot.
    554990.png

Chad Underwood and David Fravor both involved in the training exercise off Santa Diego Coastline in 2004

Do we presume this is the tic tac that fravor saw moving above the ocean?

Chad Underwood forward pod display recorded the object, later on, that day.

Did you read the article? There’s no new evidence there at all.

New York Times got some leaks about the contents, late June report. The big claim here is, 120 UAP episodes are presently unexplainable. The US government also addressed in the report and says it's not secret Pentagon technology? If you believe them, that is.

Collection of rumors and claims, US government has better video and photographs, currently restricted and classified. I heard one rumor doing the rounds, recently, there is a video of a triangle UFO coming out of the ocean and it came very close to a fighter airplane. It allegedly a very clear picture of the UFO. Will they show it don't know?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,218 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

So when is this great big reveal we keep hearing about?

• Advertisement

The report to Congress will be issued either next Friday the 11th June or Friday the 25th. Main headline as already discussed "We cannot confirm or deny alien involvement" or words to that effect. "The phenomon is not US based technology" as per media release in recent days.

Advertisement