Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Roman Reigns 2021 Head of the Table Thread

Options
  • 21-05-2021 1:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 85,024 ✭✭✭✭

Will Cesaro be the one to take the title from Reigns if not Cesaro then who?

No denying Reigns as tribal table head heel has been on fire since his return

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Rollins, I'm guessing.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Mod note: The previous Roman Reign threads were from 2015/2018, with his new gimmick and run, felt it better to have a new thread. Enjoy!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,626 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I like Caesaro a lot and do want him to be champ eventually, but I don't think he's ready yet to go over Roman.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

I like Caesaro a lot and do want him to be champ eventually, but I don't think he's ready yet to go over Roman.

He's a 40 year old WWE career mid carder. They are never pushing him as the guy.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,626 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

He's a 40 year old WWE career mid carder. They are never pushing him as the guy.

They could still give him a short run though, like Benoit back in the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

They could still give him a short run though, like Benoit back in the day.

They could in that they can literally give the belt to anyone because it doesn't make a blind bit of difference in terms of revenue with how their deals are structured but from a traditional sense it's not at all like Benoit who had been presented originally as a headliner when he joined and had the reputation as being one of the very best in ring workers ever. Cesaro is a very talented guy whose mainly been a tag guy in his WWE run, has no ground swell of support to speak of and the layout of his match with Reigns pretty much tells you that he's never getting that big win. It was clear as day.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,024 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Back in September of last year, we reported on the long-term plans to eventually turn Reigns into the top babyface in the company. Basically, the idea is to elevate Reigns so he can be seen as someone who is on the same level as someone like John Cena, Hulk Hogan, Bret Hart, and Bruno Sammartino.
    Also, we were told that the reason why Reigns is booked to dominate his feuds is because of the feeling that he needs to be booked like this for when he wrestles The Rock.
    A WWE source told WrestlingNews.co: “Vince doesn’t want to portray Roman as a cowardly heel who gets his ass kicked 50 percent of the time. He’s the guy who will carry the company for the next few years and Vince sees him as his top priority. Protect Roman at all costs.”

https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/plans-for-roman-reigns-babyface-turn-vince-mcmahon-sees-him-as-his-number-1-priority/

• Registered Users Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just remember that plans change. :)

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just remember that plans change. :)

It sounds like Reigns will be champ until next year, I would like Cesaro and Jey to have a world title run

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Tbh the only guy I can see coming in and taking the belt from Reigns currently is Brock, and we've been down that road before. Heyman on Reigns side makes things spicier I guess though I think RAW needs Brock more than Smackdown presently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,058 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i love the fact that Vince feels he must justify keeping Reigns strong as a heel, as if that's not what you're supposed to do.

the best heels are overbearing, strong assholes.

purely cowardly heels don't make money.

Is Punk's reign still the longest in modern history? If it is, I think he's beating that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,523 ✭✭✭savemejebus

J. Marston wrote: »
    Is Punk's reign still the longest in modern history? If it is, I think he's beating that.

No, Brock overtook that in 2018 i think.

Reigns telling Cena and The Rock not to return stay on set

Will Reigns be champ until WM 2022?

A lot of speculation on twitter from Reigns comments at a house show he is cutting back to part time or leaving, did Orton get it right that Reigns would be off to the movies

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Apparently he’s signed a limited schedule so he doesn’t have to do house shows anymore.

Madness house shows will no longer feature a world champion.

Some talk he is reducing TV time also, so will he be losing his titles, the 30 days compete defend seems gone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Roman off HIAC poster

• Advertisement

Will 2023 be the year he is finally dethroned, loses the titles?

I'd love it to be Sami as RR winner

I know lots of talk of Rollins, The Rock or Cody facing him at WM but the addition of Sami to the Bloodline has been genius and is he so over and he deserves a world title singles reign imho

• Registered Users Posts: 37,770 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Think we'll see the titles been separated before Roman loses. How they can do it without Roman been pinned is the complicated bit ?

tbf The US title becoming a major title on Raw has worked out brilliant but be great too have a 'World Title' back on the brand

According to Andrew Zarian, WWE’s idea for Roman Reigns is for him to break Hulk Hogan's WWE title reign

Not surprised. I get the feeling they're trying to "modernise" their history. They don't want records held by guys from 30/40/50 years ago where the footage is grainy and in dimly lit arenas. Reigns will hold those titles for years.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

He's kind of clarified, and basically Marston got it.

Andrew Zarian: “Something I said on the air is being taken out of context. I never said Roman Reigns will surpass Hogan or Bruno’s title reign. My point was that WWE would like to modernize the record books and Roman holding the title for over 1000 days is part of that plan.”

I think that's a part of modern sports and entertainment. Always presenting the present as the greatest thing to ever happen. Calling Cena the GOAT. Presenting Reigns' reign as the most unstoppable. You'll see it in soccer too, where they start to present Haland and Mbappe as better than Ronaldo and Messi, who were presented as better than Pele and Maradona and Best and so on.

Like how after Brock left they gave the title of youngest champion to Randy?

And just like the Hogan days, Roman barely defends the title, allowing him to make it to 1000 days.

Well the 30 day rule must be gone or just not applied to Roman

Honestly I don't think I cannot take him much longer as champion and I'm a fan of Tribal Chef heel Reigns so I'm hoping Cody defeats him at Summerslam finally

Post edited by JP Liz V1 on

They couldn't start enforcing the 30 day rule again after Brock going so long without defences.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,822 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

They definitely should do something like that, but with the new Raw belt already unveiled, they've put themselves in a bit of an awkward situation. But without someone winning in a match with Reigns, it's hard to give that new belt any legitimacy.

Could do something like having a Raw tournament for the new belt, with that winner then demanding a chance to unify the Raw belts in a match against Roman - and then find a reason to throw a third person in there so Roman doesn't have to take the pin. Could be kind of fun if the new belt winner faces Roman and another Raw person, with that third person being the one to pin the belt winner, thus putting two world titles on Raw. We then get a bit of a storyline building to those two facing off to become ultimate Raw champion, making the new belt feel like a big deal in the process. Cody and Rollins would probably make sense for that story, to close off their own long running feud too.

• Advertisement

What now for Roman?

At the WrestleMania XL press conference, Triple H states that Roman Reigns is going to go on a whole new story that’s going to blow people’s minds.

Advertisement