Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College Football 2022

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

My understanding is that BT Sport can only show ESPN/ABC games and games on the main CBS network - that is the SEC on CBS, the Sun Bowl, and the Army-Navy game.

its an odd one TV rights wise but the rights sales to the US networks seem to be for worldwide rights.

ESPN doesn’t have any Week 0 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭RunningFlyer

Have some spare tickets to this game if anyone is interested drop me a PM !

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Risoc

Just landing in Ballsbridge /Dubland by car at about 4.30. What’s the best thing to do parkingwise? Grafton Park and walk?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Good game so far in the Aviva. More competitive than I expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,919 ✭✭✭OldRio

I'm enjoying it, thanks to YouTube.

• Advertisement

free beer at the Aviva. Internet down. No ATMs working and no way to take payments

https://mobile.twitter.com/Amie_Just/status/1563575389016190977?t=Ey0FMP6e8XssonwJYv1tiA&s=08

Me too. I assume that Fox has this blocked in the states. Can’t imagine that you tube streaming is a regular thing.

edit. I guess maybe fox is free to air

• Registered Users Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭boccy23

Anyone got a link? Mine stopped

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Will be remembered for a while as the “Free Beer Bowl”. A pity because the game was quite close in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Risoc

A pity? Is free beer (+ long queues) really a bad look for our hospitality? I’d have thought not. Fair **** to Diageo or whoever for making the only sensible decision given the situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,027 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

I only found out about the free beer and food after the game.

That's because I stayed in the stands throughout watching what was a really enjoyable game of football.

8 TDs, a few lead changes, plenty of big plays, some great turnovers,.an obscure attempt at an on-site kick, if that's what it was.

I thought the atmosphere was brilliant, I was over near the Nebraska side of the field and they made plenty of noise.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Great game and great atmosphere throughout the crowd. Both teams put on a display although Nebraska faltered from the failed onside kick in Q3 and never recovered.

Fantastic advertisement for football in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

The American media seem very impressed with the stadium, the atmosphere, Ireland and the game. Really good stuff

Good game too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Great game yesterday. Thought nebraska were going to run away with it at the start. The Nebraska QB made a couple of great plays on the run too

Free beer was good craic for a while but couldn't face the Qs and just stuck with the game. Tills came back in Q3 but there was only some very ropey looking guinness left in the bar near me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Yeah the onside kick seemed a mad decision at the time

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

He was trying to kill the game off but they were ahead by 9 I think at that stage. Still a mad call. And the coach took full responsibility for the loss. Man under severe pressure it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

I really enjoyed the experience.

We didn't do much of the tailgating as our party had two babies for the first part of the afternoon (they went back to the hotel before the game with one of our group for babysitting!), and we more or less avoided Temple Bar altogether - as fun and all as it looked online.

Our seats were in the Northwestern side of the stadium in the 500s block. I thought they were good seats with high elevation to see the entire pitch, but my party didn't wholly agree.

The atmosphere was ok, but it seemed a helluva lot better in the Husker section. Most of the people around me were neutral supporters, but they leaned toward Northwestern.

The game was excellent, even if it wasn't the result I wanted. Lead changes, big plays by both teams, strong defensive plays by Northwestern and a close finish.

All in all, I enjoyed the experience big time. Given the cost & time involved to go up from Cork, I can't seem myself going to next year's game for the sake of it when I follow neither team closely.

That was a great day out. The atmosphere was great, much better than bigger attended soccer or rugby games I've been to.

Didn't bother with the queues for drinks even if I had known about free beer. Noticed people who did were out of their seat 10-15minutes.

I can only think teams were encouraged to show an onside kick effort to entertain the foreign fans. I was expecting a fake punt all night after that.

Got to see both teams bands play outside Buskers and Fitzsimmons. Fitzsimmons seemed understaffed for the event there.

Horse Show House was a sea of red but lacked atmosphere. Moved to a non-tailgate bar, Paddy Cullens and that was better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Don't talk about that bloody offside kick... what on earth was Frost thinking with that call?!

Good to see plenty of Huskers and N'western fans still knocking around the place after the game. Seems to be a close-ish split between fans coming in for a week before the game, and a week after the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭boccy23

Seriously good slate on BT tomorrow:

Colorado @ Michigan 5PM

Oregon @ Georgia 8:30PM

Utah @ Florida 12 midnight

Irish @ Ohio State 12 midnight

Get your popcorn ready!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,825 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

ND @ Ohio State is a fantastic match up for week one. Always thought big teams like to start with something softer. It's a winner take all kind of game, the winner is, from week one, putting themselves in a really strong position to go to the playoffs, and the loser will have an L on their record from day one, might be hard to get back into the equation. I'm delighted though, I find it hard to get too excited most weeks for ND games, never understood the thrill in watching them steamroll Marshall or whoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭DM_2092

Been looking forward to Football Season returning & here we are!

Sooners fan here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Not a good start for Oregon, any other decent games on?

Might switch over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Anyone find any links to the game? Had to miss it & would love to watch it in full. Only a bad recording on YouTube as far as I can see (or highlights)

Advertisement