Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your age

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Strange lately i'm finding it very hard to wrap my head around what age I am ,
    Its not upsetting or anything like that I just genuinely can't believe how quickly iv gotten to this age,

I have clear memories of certain conversations of things or events & can't believe how many years have passed since like how ,

I wonder is there science behind time going quicker the older you get ,

I think it's as simple as time becoming smaller relevant to your time you've been alive as you get older. E.g, a summer (3 months) seemed like a life time when you were 12 but you would only have been around for 48 months at that stage in your life so a summer was 16% of your life time then. (probably got the maths wrong! :rolleyes::pac:)

I'm 39 now so a summer is merely 0.5% of my life time so I'm not surprised they seem to be a lot shorter nowadays.

What I've started to do as I've gotten older is to assume I I'll live to 70 or 80 and then realise that if I'm correct then I've already lived half my life or more, it's pretty scary! It's a good kick up the ar$e sometimes as well though.

Advertisement