Advertisement
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Where to get parts chrome plated?

• 18-05-2021 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21 redoak

Hi guys I was wondering is there any place here in Ireland that does chrome plating ,I have googled it and there is a place in england that you can uploag pics of the items and they will give you a quote ,but reviews are not great on this place ,was thinking of getting my rear bumper on a datsun 720 rechromed and i have a few other small items also .Any contacts or anyone that may have went threw the process ,with advice would be great ,thanks....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭ MrCostington

Surprised you have not had a response yet...

Anyway, if your parts are not too bad you may be able to clean them up, I had good results with just tin foil and salty water

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116270203&postcount=9304

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭ Max Headroom

Tons of places in the UK but brexit has fcuked everything up.....are you in a hurry for it..??
    As Mr.Costigan said a good result can be had from tin foil and salty water or coke if its not too bad...but as its a bumper you'll need to keep on top of it ,especially with our weather...

• Registered Users Posts: 21 redoak

Thanks guys ,ill give the tinfoil and coke a go it looks impressive on youtube,the bumper isnt too bad so it should do the trick,ill keep yea posted ..I taught I would have a choice of places to get this done ,It must be too expensive to get going and make a living off it in little old Ireland..thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,900 ✭✭✭ Bigus

redoak wrote: »
    Thanks guys ,ill give the tinfoil and coke a go it looks impressive on youtube,the bumper isnt too bad so it should do the trick,ill keep yea posted ..I taught I would have a choice of places to get this done ,It must be too expensive to get going and make a living off it in little old Ireland..thanks again

Chrome-ing is an environmental disaster.
    There are places here though . Ring the galvanizers and they might refer , or put you on track .

Advertisement