Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where to get parts chrome plated?

• 18-05-2021 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi guys I was wondering is there any place here in Ireland that does chrome plating ,I have googled it and there is a place in england that you can uploag pics of the items and they will give you a quote ,but reviews are not great on this place ,was thinking of getting my rear bumper on a datsun 720 rechromed and i have a few other small items also .Any contacts or anyone that may have went threw the process ,with advice would be great ,thanks....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭MrCostington

Surprised you have not had a response yet...

Anyway, if your parts are not too bad you may be able to clean them up, I had good results with just tin foil and salty water

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116270203&postcount=9304

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Tons of places in the UK but brexit has fcuked everything up.....are you in a hurry for it..??
    As Mr.Costigan said a good result can be had from tin foil and salty water or coke if its not too bad...but as its a bumper you'll need to keep on top of it ,especially with our weather...

• Registered Users Posts: 23 redoak

Thanks guys ,ill give the tinfoil and coke a go it looks impressive on youtube,the bumper isnt too bad so it should do the trick,ill keep yea posted ..I taught I would have a choice of places to get this done ,It must be too expensive to get going and make a living off it in little old Ireland..thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Bigus

redoak wrote: »
    Thanks guys ,ill give the tinfoil and coke a go it looks impressive on youtube,the bumper isnt too bad so it should do the trick,ill keep yea posted ..I taught I would have a choice of places to get this done ,It must be too expensive to get going and make a living off it in little old Ireland..thanks again

Chrome-ing is an environmental disaster.
    There are places here though . Ring the galvanizers and they might refer , or put you on track .

Advertisement