Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Car report query

• 18-05-2021 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking at a car report for a car being sold by a dealer. On the report, it shows that there was a valuation enquiry and a full history check by financial institutions since the car was transferred to that dealer. Are they related to prospective buyers trying to get finance on that car?

Separately, the report also shows that the car was sold at auction last year, and passed through a couple of dealers before being sold. The new owner only kept it for 9 months before it arrived at the current dealer. I'm wondering if the auction sale combined with subsequent short ownership might be a reason to be suspicious?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,819 ✭✭✭User1998

Not sure about the finance thing but 9 months isn’t a particularly short period of time to own a car. And cars often get passed through the dealer network.

Most cars go through auctions at some stage in their life. Usually when they are traded back in or when the PCP has ran out. Nothing to worry about there

Just have a professional look over the car before you purchase. Thats all I can say

Advertisement