Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Does my gut look big in this? Cycling Jersey zip repair

• 17-05-2021 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭ WOT

The combined effect of a few covid kilos and over use of my favourites has left me with 3 well liked cycling jerseys with wrecked zippers.

Is there someone who can replace these zippers for me. Looking for a recommendation for someone who will do a good job hopefully at a reasonable price. Ideally someone who has repaired stretchy material in the past etc etc.

Or any other prior experience of similar appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭ 07Lapierre

Anywhere that does clothes alterations will be able to fit a new zip. wont cost much either.

I used Sutton Dry Cleaners.

https://goo.gl/maps/ot7fJawfxMYEJsTA9

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭ ARX

The Zip Yard in Dun Laoghaire did an excellent job of replacing a zip on a jacket for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭ Seaswimmer

I left in an expensive ladies coat where the zip was damaged. Did it there and then. Cut lining, repaired zip and hand stitched to perfection. Couldn't recommend enough. Cost me 8 euro.
    Not a zip replacement but exceptional skill and value..
    Tallaght village.

https://zipstitchtailors.business.site

• Registered Users Posts: 24,662 ✭✭✭✭ Wishbone Ash

WOT wrote: »
    ....Is there someone who can replace these zippers for me..
    It might be more helpful to give your approx. location. ;)

I've had several cycling gear zips repaired by a standard clothes alteration service near me. They always did a good job (although the replacement zips tend to be a little larger than the original).

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭ WOT

It might be more helpful to give your approx. location. ;)

I've had several cycling gear zips repaired by a standard clothes alteration service near me. They always did a good job (although the replacement zips tend to be a little larger than the original).

Dublin based. A plethora of viable options it seems, good news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭ JustAThought

WOT wrote: »
    The combined effect of a few covid kilos and over use of my favourites has left me with 3 well liked cycling jerseys with wrecked zippers.

Is there someone who can replace these zippers for me. Looking for a recommendation for someone who will do a good job hopefully at a reasonable price. Ideally someone who has repaired stretchy material in the past etc etc.

Or any other prior experience of similar appreciated.

I had a coat that was a bit tight and had the zipper replaced & they did a fantastic job - but there was about half a cm less space for me in it after!!! If you have three zips broken might I suggest you save the 35 or so euro for the 3 repairs and trips to and fro and buy a bigger size up until you lose the covid chub!!! Otherwise you’ll be spending the money twice - repair and then either repair again or replace :0

You can use the extra jacket as an over-jacket spare for the winter after you lose the few kilos!!

Advertisement