Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

3 Series Touring/A4 Avant/Passat Estate

Options
  • 16-05-2021 4:01pm

Hi all,

I've a budget of €15k I've been looking at 2014/2015 3 series / A4 estates or a 16 VW Passat GT estate.

Just wondering if anyone have any experience with these? The Passat looks compatible in terms of spec to the others just not the badge, for the same money I only see high miles on the Audi and BMW.

Mileage per year is 15k or so (haven't seen any hybrid or petrol estates in nice spec would be happy to take a look.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,150 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

There was no 3 Series estate in hybrid guise until the current model came out in 2020. The A4 isn't available in hybrid form at all. If you want a hybrid estate with a premium badge then you will need to look towards the Mercedes C350e but I don't think there are any decent ones in your budget. Passat boot space might be a bit bigger than the others too if that's important.

Cheers Baz.

I'll go check the Passat and see if can see any Audi/BMW. Maybe it's my poor looking can't seem to find any decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

Suggest seeing can you find a Volvo V60 or V70 - they also come in hybrids but I'm not convinced hybrids have much to offer on that mileage which is not the question you asked....sorry!

I have moved from a 3 series to an s60 and am pleasantly surprised. Perhaps not as dynamic but very comfortable and well appointed. I'd like the extra space of the wagon.

Advertisement