Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of a snag list - Galway

Options
  • 16-05-2021 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi there,

We're in the final few weeks before drawing down on our new build, just outside Galway city.
    I want to book the snag list so that they're ready to go, once the builder gives the green light.
    I have gotten a couple of quotes, between €400 - €500. Anyone who has recently used these services, is this the average price? And any recommendations would be great, as I have heard of some engineers being a little unreliable, even when booked in for a specific date. I just want to make sure there are no further delays, after the build being on hold since lockdown in Jan :)
    I understand that it depends on location and the size of the house. For reference, it's a 3 bed semi and it's the snag only, as our solicitor has already reviewed the land borders etc.
    Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

I would echo your own scepticism about certain "engineers" doing little yet charging upwards of €750.

Ask here, FB, work, friends, etc for references.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Also worth a look/post in Construction forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Moved to said forum.

Advertisement