Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Cost of a snag list - Galway

• 16-05-2021 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 6 ✭✭✭ SilverRainbow

Hi there,

We're in the final few weeks before drawing down on our new build, just outside Galway city.
    I want to book the snag list so that they're ready to go, once the builder gives the green light.
    I have gotten a couple of quotes, between €400 - €500. Anyone who has recently used these services, is this the average price? And any recommendations would be great, as I have heard of some engineers being a little unreliable, even when booked in for a specific date. I just want to make sure there are no further delays, after the build being on hold since lockdown in Jan :)
    I understand that it depends on location and the size of the house. For reference, it's a 3 bed semi and it's the snag only, as our solicitor has already reviewed the land borders etc.
    Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭ beardybrewer

I would echo your own scepticism about certain "engineers" doing little yet charging upwards of €750.

Ask here, FB, work, friends, etc for references.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭ Andrea B.

Also worth a look/post in Construction forum.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators Posts: 81,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭ biko

Moved to said forum.

Advertisement